twenty two

What is a canyon moon?
Marina Young's POV

      "I thought Mitch was prank calling me when he said we were going on a road trip in the middle of the night

      "I thought Mitch was prank calling me when he said we were going on a road trip in the middle of the night." Sarah talks now as the sun starts to rise, there is a soft conversation between the two of us as Harry sits in front of the wheel of this rented van. It felt like somewhere within the pinks that painted the morning sky there would be a message telling me I was dreaming. "But I'm happy he did." Sarah adds when I follow where her eyes look out to the window. I can't help but get goosebumps from watching a sunrise all on a spontaneous road trip. I nod at Sarah's words when I look out the sun waking up as well.

"Is Mitch sleeping?" Harry asks when he glances back at Sarah for a moment then back to the empty road of the highway. I watch as Sarah looks at Mitch not moving on the bed placed in the back of the van. When she brings her attention back on the both of us she smiles.

"He is knocked out." She answers and I look at Harry who smiles.

"Well he could be next on driving duty since he's getting rest now."

"I could drive next." I volunteer and he furrows his brows as he shakes his head. Harry scratches the back of his neck before he puts both hands on the steering wheel.

"No that's alright." He says delicately. "I would feel more comfortable if you slept a little first love." Harry tells me. "We've both been up all night." He adds and I nod agreeing. Although I didn't feel sleepy in the slightest bit. But I wanted to blame the adrenaline and excitement for that reason. "Sarah you're free to get some rest as well. Sunny will keep me company."

"I should." She says. "So I can take turns later on with Mitch." Sarah states and then says quietly that if we needed anything to wake her up. I watch as she lays beside Mitch who slept in the far corner of the bed, leaving distance between them. Then I look back to Harry who has darker circles under his eyes than usual.

"Are you tired?" I ask. "I feel okay right now, you want me to drive for a little?"

Harry shakes his head when he glances at me. After he does he reaches for my hand, he intertwines his fingers with mine and brings my hand to his lips to place a kiss to the skin. "I'm okay." He reassures me and then places my hand back to my lap, but still holds it. "How do you feel about road trips?" Harry changes the subject. "I remember you told me on the plane ride to Japan that you liked them better than plane rides." He brings up and I smile at him recalling that detail about me.

"I love them." I say. "When I was younger the best thing I think my parents did closet to being a happy family was road trips." I remember, memories of being a little girl in the backseat of car with big eyes staring at the world we drove past. "My parents did it a lot. They liked driving to places and so did I ... I would rather stay in the car driving around than getting to the destination sometimes." I confess and I see him smile at what I say.