13. Torn Inside

"Fern, I really need to leave now." Kim contended. However, Fern seemed to ignore it. Once, Kim stole a glance to her secretary, hoping that Jane would lend a hand for help. She saw Jane's brow knitted confusingly while the irritated expression that she inserted to her frown implied how annoyed she was to see Fern around.

"Oh please Kim. I've been looking for you since I arrived here last week." Fern gazed to her with a pleading look. They gazed into each other eyes momentarily. All Kim saw in the reflection of Fern's eyes were the long kept stories which were now ignited desperately for someone to hear its content.

"I'm just so occupied. Besides I don't know that you would come back here." Kim started to feel awkward. It was roughly about ten years or more since they last met. Both had grown up into different person whose the old time shared the same life story.

"I just feel like I want to come back here." Fern said half whispering. Kim could sense that the drama was about to start. She hated this.

"EHEM!" It was so lucky that Jane came to interrupt. The gorgeous secretary stood right next to the couch, near to Fern. Both Kim and Fern peeked up to look to Jane. The young maiden folded her arms with her disgruntled demeanour. She inserted a lopsided sneer to her pose. Everybody could read her body language. The secretary was irked by Fern's presence.

"Excuse me. May I know who are you Miss?" Jane still acted professionally even though Kim knew that her secretary could be more mean than she looked.

"Do you know that every appointment with Ms.Kim needs to pass my arrangement first?" Jane said in one sharp line.

"And who are you?" Fern frowned. The tense inside the room start to build up. Fern's blazing eyes burrowed into Jane's while the opponent seemed not to surrender too.

"Obviously I am Kim's secretary. Are you deaf or what? Don't you hear I mentioned to you earlier that every appointment with Kim needs to pass my arrangement first?" Snapped Jane. Her true self started to show up.

"Ugh, I don't need that." Kim saw Fern rolled her eyes to the secretary. "Kim, I can meet you anytime right?" Fern turned to look at the innocent tom. She got a frustrated response from Kim when that tom seemed to be on the fence. Kim just shrugged, uncertain with her own reaction.

"Look, you're not welcome here." Jane said just to charge Fern's patient. Kim saw it herself, Fern gritted her teeth as if she was trying to control her out burst.

"Kim, your secretary is so rude! Tell her who I am to you." Fern spat. Her rising tone implied how aggressive she could be if Jane started to voice up once again. The volcano of irritation will errupt in no time.

"What did you say!?" Jane's eyes widen. Imagine the sparks of electrical charges looming out from her eyes, the secretary was all ready to pick up a fight with Fern.

"You're so rude!" Fern repeated it with a dramatic annoying tone in her voice.

"Have you ever look at yourself in the mirror? I don't think you did realize it. Let me tell you. You're such a shameless barbaric bitch!" Jane countered with a loud snort. Jane's words was surely managed to vent Fern's anger. Kim's sight followed Fern's figure whose later rose up from her seat. The lady looked terribly indignant.

"What?" Jane was so brave. The two ladies closed up their distance which Kim estimate their forehead would bumped into each other if any one of them did a movement.

"How much did you pay for your life's insurance? I bet you have none." Fern seemed not to give in. "I think you need to attend more courtesy lessons before you even appointed to hold this secretary position." She inserted.