17. Embracing The Love

Does it true that hatred would someday bring us to love? How is it even possible when the heart was wounded with the worst human 'sickness'? When you said you hate a person, doesn't it mean you have never like everything about him/her? Again, how it is possible for you to like or what more to love him/her in other way around? Feeling confuse and meet the blunt end of the answer? This was what truly happened to Pie. She often said she hates Kim but does she hate the tom for real? What if someday she's possibly fall for Kim? Does it make sense? She has never thought that she would involve into this kind of bizarre relationship. Date a tom who was actually a girl like her? A girl who actually appeared in guy's appearance? What kind of game did she chose to join for the first place? The intention of seeking a shortcut to a better living had led her into a completely new chapter of the life. Stuck with an agreement that sealed them together and yet forced to fake everything for the sake of half of million dollars, she knew she couldn't turn back the time neither retracted everything.

Back to her current situation, both of them were heading home after they spent some time at the ice - cream store. If she knew Kim would seriously mean "the kiss" thing, she would never ask the tom for her ice - cream. Never did she think Kim could bravely kiss her in public even if it was just a kiss on her cheeks. Pie remembered vividly how people stare to them with various kind of reactions. Some smiled sheepishly and others just pretended not to notice. One thing that Pie sure, no one threw their disgust look to them. That most probably they didn't really recognise Kim's truest gender. Only if they ever figured it out, both of them might have been kicked out from the store.

The public cab that they took still moving slowly on the congested road. It's a norm of the city life where the traffic was often and forever bad - stuffed with various kind of vehicles and what not. The weekend added the worst part to it too because most citizen were actually going out for some urban activities such as go shopping to the mall or at least, strolling around the city despite knowing it would be a hectic and stuffed with people. Glancing to Kim who was actually sitting next to her, Pie noticed that the tom grinned like lunatic, somewhat daydreaming since they boarded into the cab. Sometimes Kim shook her head as if she was trying to deny the thought in her mind and it eventually irritated Pie who was actually watching her behaviour from time to time.

"Why are you smiling and grinning like that?" Pie interfered into Kim's daydreaming.

As Pie had expected, Kim shifted her gaze to her with a wide grin plastered to her face. "Nothing. Maybe I'm just happy." Kim said.

"And why did you hold my hand until now." Pie dropped her sight to their intertwined hand. It was the second reason on why she felt irritated with Kim.

"Can't I hold my fianceè's hand?" Kim queried. The wide grin subsided into a warm smile that Pie has never seen previously. It was so beautiful and tender with a warm emotion. It's love.

"What has gotten into you?" Worriedly Pie reached out her hand to Kim's forehead, checking the rise in her temperature if it even possible.

"Hey, I'm fine." Kim chuckled her response to Pie. "I'm trying to be sweet to you." She added.

"Seriously Kim, are you sick? We can turn around to the nearest clinic." Pie said and ready to tell the taxi driver to change their direction.

Seeing Pie's immediate reaction, Kim came up to confirm that she didn't need to see the doctor. "I'm fine. Just let's go home."

"Uh..Alright. I'll just get you your pills when we reach home." Pie's brows arched into its perfect shape of confusion.

"Do you really need to hold my hand like this?" Again Pie diverted her eyes to their hands. It seemed like Kim didn't even wanted to let it free.