14. Pie oh Pie

Pie's POV

I wasn't really sure what has happened today. Kim came home earlier this afternoon just to check on me and I guessed without her expectation, Fern came to look for her at our home. I could feel that Kim and Fern had something in the past. Something that was serious. Talking about this matter, Kim didn't return to her office neither come out from her room after Fern left. She shut herself all day long and left me wondering. I'm too sick to check on her besides I feared that she was not in her good mood. At the end, I just decided to take a rest in my room too. Damn this period pain. It tortured me that much. Without my realization, I felt asleep for hours and just came back to my reality world when Kim awoke me from my deep slumber for a dinner. She cook for us today. During the meal, we didn't talk that much either. Kim just munching her food so calmly and whenever I stole a glance to her, I saw Kim sighed silently. Even if she seemed to enjoy her dinner, I knew deep inside she was thinking about something. That something was indeed bothersome to her.

As usual, I took my role to clean up the table. When I reached out my hand to collect her plate, Kim stopped my hands by holding them gently.

"I'll do this for today. You can go back to your room and rest." Kim said and instantly collect the dirty plates and used silver wears from the table. She didn't seem to complain that much about it and you know what? It made me worried. Kim was so weird. This is not Kim I used to know.

"Are you sure?" I walked to her side. She already put on an apron, getting ready to wash the dishes.

"Do I look like I was trying to play here?" Kim raised her brow to me as if she was trying to scold me at any instant. The fear enveloped me. It wasn't really a good idea when Kim started to boil up.

"Thank you." I ran my gaze from her. Kim was indeed not in her good mood. Is it still because of Fern?

I left the kitchen but didn't go straight to my room. Stopping by the spacious living room, I threw myself to the cozy couch. If I were about to compare it with my sofa at home. It was indeed far more better that what I had back at home. Wandering my eyes to the luxurious furniture around the space, I was so fortunate to enjoy this view for a these few months. Never did I think I would have an opportunity to step my feet at this such good place. I could say that my dream has came true even though I did realize that it won't last long.

"Kim." I found myself whispering the name in between my thought. What the hell with me?

Disturbed by the thought, I stirred myself around the cozy couch. I grabbed the plush cushion and buried my face into it. I want to scream out of my lungs but I, myself didn't even know what is the purpose of doing so. I was stressed out for no reason? There must be a reason.

"I shouldn't care about this, but I really want to know what was really happening between Kim and Fern." My inner thought said.

"Pie! You don't need to know!" I knocked my own head. I was being too nosy nowadays. Why should I being too concern about Kim? Of course I need to but don't need to be that much. I need Kim to fulfill my dream. If something happens in between our agreement, I will loss a lot.

***********************************************************************************

Kim's POV

I swear I don't wish to do all of this stuff. It supposed to Pie's task but I am still a human with heart. She wasn't that well right? I think it was no wrong to give in for just a day with an intention to lessen her burden? I could tell that she wasn't that well even though she had been sleeping all day long. Well that was what I did figure out when I entered her room this evening. She was deep in her sleep. Let me tell you something. I just noticed that Pie had a habit of cocooning herself in her thick duvet. Her petite frame was nearly can't be seen when she did that. It was like she sunk into the bed completely. I found it's cute. That's it.