42. The Bridesmaid

Pie Mindara

"What's next?" I glanced to my gay manager, P'Boy. He pissed me off. He supposed to help me but it seemed like he has been flirting with the male crews most of the time.

"All done for today Pie. You may go home and make love to your lover straight away." He said without missing a beat while browsing the tentative in his tablet. I ignored him for the part of the 'making love'. He's gross.

"Thank God. I'm so exhausted." I heaved a relief breath. Being a model isn't as easy as it seemed. I'm physically and mentally drained for today's photo shoot session.

"Hey, are you complaining?" P'Boy slapped my forehead, making me jumped in startle. "It's just the beginning, got it? You are going to go through a lot more in the future." He gazed at me with a scolding look.

"Couldn't you be gentler with me?" I scowled. "You can treat the male crews nicely but not to me? You're so mean. I would ask Mario to find me a new manager." P'Boy's eyes widen upon hearing me.

"There you go; threatening me over and over." He sighed and shook his head. "I'll drive you home and we need to hurry. I have a date to go." He started to arrange my belongings. He should have known that I was just teasing him but today he seemed to take it seriously.

"It's alright P'Boy. Kim will fetch me." I told him.

His head snapped to my direction at any instant. "We are going to get the clothes for Fern's wedding." I told him before he could even ask. It's true. This week has been quite hectic because I have to manage my time between my career and helping Fern with her wedding's preparation. She wanted me to be her bridesmaid together with Tavee, Yam and Jane.

"Do you want me to stay with you until Kim is here?" He queried as he handed me my handbag. God knows how I love this man. He has always been caring and concern about me.

"It's fine. You should hurry up. Don't you tell me that you have a date tonight? What are you planning to do?" I nudged him on his ribs playfully.

P'Boy laughed and slapped my arm with his girlish manner. "I was just kidding you know. I don't get any catch today." He chuckled.

"I'm serious P. Kim will be here in minutes. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I assured it to him. With a slight nod from him, he waved me goodbye and headed to his car which he got from Mario. It's the company's vehicle.

********

I waited for Kim at the lobby. She supposed to fetch me at five but it's already six now. I tried to call her; unfortunately my battery is dead. Great. If I ever knew it would turn out this way, I would surely ask P'Boy to accompany me. I hate waiting and it's so uncomfortable when people looked at me as if I was a huge distraction here.

"Hi..." A manly voice greeted me. Crap. I don't feel like I want to talk to anybody right now.

"Hi..." I turned around slowly and feigned a smile at him. He scared me with his ugly grin. Other than that, he looked fine.

"I have been looking at you for awhile. What are you doing here alone?" He took the empty seat next to me. See Pie. He has been observing you. He's creepy. Move; I said mentally.

"I'm waiting for my fiancée." I told him truthfully. He raised his brow, startled with my statement. Then the awkward moment began to fill the air as none of us talking.

"Look, I got to go. It's really nice to meet you Miss...?" He reached out his hand to me for a handshake and anticipating that I would tell my name to him.

"Pie. Pie Mindara." I returned his gesture.

"It's really nice to meet a beautiful lady like you Ms. Pie Mindara." He smiled at me with a wide grin as if he just won a lottery. "Here's my card. Hope to see you around some other time in the future." He handed me a gold coloured card and left right after.