36. Back to Basic

Pie's POV

"Pie, I know it might be difficult for us but I will let you go. Let us just put an end here." Kim said to me without any single sense of guilt in her voice. I stared at her face for the longest second. She was staring back at me; fidgeting on her own feet.

"You're free now." Kim added and I felt my blood temperature elevated. I walked briskly to her direction – Kim stood still, looking conflicted herself.

"Are you alright with it?" She asked me when I stood right in front of her with a comfortable distance between us. What did she expect me to answer her? Her senseless saying made me saw red.

"Pie..." She called me again but all she got as my response was a hard slap on her left cheek. I felt my right palm burning – the stinging pain spread all over my entire form and just imagined how Kim felt on the other side. She held her face with her hand while gazing at me in startle.

"I knew it. I shouldn't believe you!" I shouted on her face. Kim tried to get me but I stepped backward hastily. My eyes started to lose their held of a clear vision – yet I realized I was nearly broke into tears.

"Pie, I do this for you." Kim told me. I shook my head – indignant with the insensate excuse she gave. Kim was selfish. She fooled me and I was such an idiot for believing her. She wanted a breakup and she lied to me that we would make everything work together.

"You're a liar!" I shouted again. Resentment filled every fracture of my heart. The hatred grew stronger each time I looked at Kim. It was just too painful to learn the truth; I should have known that love is not as wonderful as people always believe it could be. It was just a nasty and ruthless feeling which could destroy many lives and souls. I have learned about it since I was young; love was anything but a betrayal of the trust.

"Pie..." Kim arranged a long stride to me and the only thing I knew I didn't want her to touch me. I turned around quickly – I needed to escape from her. I don't think I could handle this heart break – not when I have trusted my heart to her and she wasted it for nothing. I was just about to manage my step when suddenly my feet tripped over something I couldn't see what the object was. I lost my balance and my face hit the ground with a sickening thud.

I gasped loudly and my eyes fluttered open at any instant. My heart pounding uncontrollably as if I had spent a long mile of running and what came to worst, I was panting in difficulties desperate to inhale the air to my suffocated lungs. The surrounding was dark, contrasting the scene where I used to have a heart breaking talk with Kim; we broke up. The sudden realization dawned on me – it was impossible that I was transported to a different place in a short instant. My eyes found an object from a distant and I focused my gaze to it. I saw the dream catcher which I gave her a few weeks ago swayed gently at the corner of bed pole. I was in a bedroom – Kim's bedroom! I groped for Kim. To my horror the space on my right side was empty. Panic struck me; what has happened?

Out of nowhere, I heard the clicking sound of the switch. Someone just switched off the bathroom's light. Kim emerged from the door awhile later. She didn't aware that I was looking at her. Kim went to her wardrobe and picked up her formal attire; a grey suit and also a matching pant. When she turned around to go somewhere, her eyes met mine.

"You're awake." She said, walking to my direction. My hands spontaneously curled into fists – the sudden feel of rage and hatred enveloped me.

"Why are you frowning, Pie?" Kim took her seat at the edge of the bed so close to me. She reached out her hand and fondled my cheek gently. The look in her eyes was a genuine expression of affection. How she managed to be that innocent when she just broke my heart.