9. A Rival

As soon as Kim's white Lamborghini wholly disappear from her sight, Pie knew she was all alone again in the huge house. The dead silence killed her inside. Her mind flew away to her younger sister, Hongyok. How is she right now? From the image of her only one sister, it slowly turned to Yam, her ravishing best friend. Aunty Inn's warm smile suddenly rushed down her memory, she remembered vividly how that woman will welcome her to her stall whenever she dropped by. Mike and Golf are her good friends too. How are they doing right now? Pie herself wasn't sure if those people realized she has been missing for almost a week.

Browsing the list of contacts in her phone which Kim gave to her, Pie intended to call Hongyok. She missed her younger sister that much. As far as she has in her knowledge, Hongyok is free at this moment.

The call was answered by Hongyok after the third rings. "Hello?" Pie heard Hongyok's uncertain voice. The younger one didn't even know that Pie has her own mobile phone right now 'cause Pie never told her sister so.

"Wake up sleepy head! You're still asleep at this hour?" Pie's voice stormed like a typhoon through the line.

"P'Pie?" Instead of getting annoyed because somebody has ruined her morning, Hongyok gave an opposite reaction to the caller. She was startled and at the same time confused with her own hearing.

"Good that you still recognise your sister's voice." Pie giggled.

"What? You shouldn't say that to you. Instead I am the one who should say this to you." Hongyok took a deep breath before she continued her speak. "Good that you still remember you have a sister!" Hongyok sputtered.

"Oww.. Relax sis." Pie chuckled. Deep inside she knew she was wrong for not making any calls neither acknowledged Hongyok how she has been doing these past few days.

"Is this your phone number P'Pie?" Hongyok asked.

"Yes. Save it. You can reach me through this number." Pie assured it to the younger one.

"How are you doing?" They both asked at the same time.

"You first." Hongyok decided.

"I'm fine here. My boss is quite okay. Everything went well for now." Pie described superficially her current life. She referred the BOSS to Kim and of course Kim is still too unpredictable for now.

"Did you manage to adapt yourself with the work?" Hongyok didn't satisfied with what Pie has told her.

"I'm still trying but don't worry. I'll be fine." Pie said confidently. What ever she told to Hongyok right now are all white lie. What is her current work? She didn't have any in fact. Does being a fake fiancee to an arrogant tom is considered as a job? Most probably yes because Kim do pay her for that.

"I miss you." Hongyok's voice at the other end of line suddenly turned gloomy.

"I miss you too." Pie felt upset. "If there's nothing much to do this weekend, I'll come to visit you." said Pie. She was not even sure if she could come home for awhile but she hoped Kim would let her to.

"How are you doing?" It's Pie's turn to ask her younger sister's condition.

"I'm doing fine too. It's just the house is quite bored without you. Lucky me that I have quite lot projects to do with my friends, so I'm not that lonely." Hongyok muttered long to Pie.

"P'Pie, you're on the phone with me. Aren't you suppose to be at work right now or at least on the way to work?" Hongyok's quick sense caught Pie in problem.