39. The New Beginning

Pie's POV

I knew if I ever come to the house again, Kim might not want to see me or what come to worse, she might not be at home at all. After somewhat battling with my own thought, I decided to meet her at the office. She couldn't avoid me. I knew she wouldn't. I need to talk to her. I deserved a chance to explain everything because it wasn't my fault and she should know it was just a trap which was meant to ruin us.

The elevator took me to the targeted floor. I walked briskly to the front desk where I would meet Jane for the first place. Jane saw me coming and greeted me with her smile. She rarely welcomed me with a nice gratitude. I'll just presume that she has changed.

"Good morning, Ms. Pie." She said to me with her formality. "Ms. Kim is expecting for your presence." I was surprised to hear it. Kim did know that I would come here?

"Is she here?" I asked to the secretary.

Jane shook her head immediately. "She will be here in minutes. You could enter her room first." Jane told me.

I was about to walk to Kim's room when Jane called me again. "Ms. Pie, do you want some coffee or anything?" She queried.

"It's fine. Thank you." I told her and walked again. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday. I didn't feel like I need to eat. Everything went wrong with me and I was just too preoccupied with the problem that suddenly struck me. When I came back to my home yesterday, my sister was just too surprised to see me in that mess. She flooded me with a lot of her questions but I didn't answer any of them. I knew she was concerned about me but I don't think I could explain the things to her.

Nothing has really changed when I stepped into the room. Kim's belongings and files arranged neatly on their specific shelves and compartments. Kim is a neat person. I have acknowledged it since the beginning of my life with her. I walked myself to her desk; the image of Kim emerged in my view. Whenever I came to visit her, she would always welcome me with her enchanting smile. I have always loved the look in her eyes – she would gaze at me with her longing stare. The photo frame on the desk caught my attention. It's our picture on our engagement day. We looked so fine in the picture. I clutched my hand to her arm and we were both smiling like it was the most wonderful day we have ever gone through. I wondered how I could pretend everything on that day and it still amazed me on how I could stand it until now.

"You're much earlier than I expected." A voice echoed through the room, breaking my moment of contemplation. I turned to look to the owner of the voice and there she was, standing at the door while gazing at me.

"Kim..."

"Pie." She smirked at me and stepped inside. I watched her walked to my direction with her steady stride. She eyed me and my gaze never left her. My thought was all on Kim until I didn't realize she has already stood right in front of me. The brown eyes penetrated into mine. I anticipated it to be the loving gaze I have always loved to see but it only came to my disappointment when I saw only emptiness and coldness.

"I come here to talk to you." I stuttered.

"I'm expecting it as well." Kim said with her metallic coldness.

"I brought you breakfast. Look, it's your favourite." I took out the container from my handbag. I cooked her favourite dish for breakfast. Kim often told me that she loved the fried rice I prepared for her. I thought it would be a good start to avoid the awkwardness and by any mean, I hope she has cooled down a bit and regained her wise judgement.

"I have had my breakfast." Kim walked pass me and sat on her chair.

"I haven't eaten anything since yesterday. Let's eat together?" I said to her. It was meant to lengthen the time for us.