30. Who?

Miyuki was still giving the 'Ren' guy an intense glare when Raichi poped up from nowhere.

"Whaah! HI REN! You're Satomi-chan's friend? Do you play baseball? Are you from Tokyo? Do you have a banana for me? I'm hungry." Raichi said to Ren, taking his hand and shaking it up and down in big movements. Ren's eyes were as wide as saucers, his hand spasming in pain from Raichi's grip.

Satomi gave a chuckle when she saw how Ren's hand was losing colour. Since Ren was also a catcher he would obviously have strong hands-but no one can beat Raichi. Sanda just shook his head at the scene. "Raichi, let the poor guy go. You don't even know him." Raichi let go of his hand and looked a bit confused. "But if he's Satomi-chan's friend then he's nice, right?" He asked the last part to Satomi.

"I never said he's my friend." Satomi said, giving Ren a dismissive look. Ren looked lost for a moment and said with a small pout, "C'mon Satomi... You still haven't forgiven me?" Satomi looked at him coldly and asked, "Do I know you?" Ren's lip trembled a little.

Miyuki was confused about what was happening, and just took Satomi's hand and pulled her away. "Since she doesn't know you, or whatever, we'll go now." Miyuki also gave Ren a cold glare.

Raichi was looking between Ren and Satomi. Since Satomi had said that he isn't her friend Raichi quickly lost his enthusiasm and got shy. He ducked behind Sanada, who was looking at Ren. Ren was staring after Miyuki and Satomi as they walked away with a sad, longing look. "Ren, or whoever you are, all I can say is get in line." Sanada told Ren, his arms folded.

"Ah, as if I would ever even dream of standing in line..." Ren mumbles to himself, he just gave a sad look and walked away, sadness weighing down his steps. "Wha, what a good looking guy." Raichi said as he watched Ren walk away. Ren was attractive, in a clean cut, boy next door kind of way. His dark blonde hair was cut neatly, and made his emerald green eyes stand out. Sanada gave a laugh. "Yeah, but so am I." "And what about me, Sanada? Aren't I handsome?" Raichi asked, pulling a duck face and swishing his hair. Sanada laughed out loud. "HAHA! At least you're funny Raichi, and you bat well. But can you even talk to a girl that isn't Satomi-Chan?" Raichi just looked down. "..."

"BWHAHAHA! I TOLD YOU I WOULD WIN!" Raichi and Sanada heard from somewhere. Sawamura and Furuya with Haruichi were walking in the same direction Sanada and Raichi were. Furuya's intense aura was around him, with his face looking cold and kind of pissed off. Haruichi was trying to comfort Furuya, and Sawamura looked like a puffed up peacock.

"What happened here?" Sanada asked. "HAHA! I beat Furuya! I told you I would win! WHAHA!", was Sawamura's answer. At that Furuya's auto intensified, and he tried to take a step closer to Sawamura. "Furuya-kun, relax... You'll win the next one!" Haruichi held Furuya back, and his aura shrunk a little.

"So what did you beat Furuya-san at Sawamura?" Raichi asked. "Haha! I told him I would catch the most goldfishes!"
"..."
"It's goldfish, Eijun-kun..." Haruichi corrected him. "And you only won because Furuya gripped the paddle to hard and it broke..." "The circumstances don't matter! The point is that I beat him! Pitchers need to be careful with their hands!" Sawamura answered.

"Wow", Raichi said with stars in his eyes, "Sawamura beat Furuya...I wanna play too!" Sanada could only shake his head. "By the way, Furuya, have you heard of someone named Ren?" Furuya lost all of his aura. "Ren?" Furuya repeated. "Yeah, we saw someone named Ren with Satomi-Chan and Miyuki earlier." Furuya looked shocked. "Miyuki was also there?" "Yes, he was with Satomi-Chan."

Furuya remained silent, but he also looked worried. "So who is Ren? An ex-boyfriend?" Sanada asked. "Uh, there's no way Satomi-Chan dated that guy... His hand was so soft!" Raichi interjected. Furuya suddenly had a flashback-about a white fluffy polarbear plushie- and then his face fell. "I don't like Ren..." Furuya said.

"So who is he then?" Sanada asked again. Furuya's aura lit up like super nova. "S o m e o n e that wants to d i e..." he said, shocking everyone with his words. Yes, Furuya's pitch was quite fearsome, but off the baseball field he was gentler. So this scary side of Furuya surprised everyone. "Okay, know we know not to mention that name..." Haruichi trailed off.

"Furuya, let's go get some cotton candy okay?" Haruichi tried coaxing Furuya. "YEAH! Let's see who can eat the most cotton candy!" Sawamura encouraged, kind of reading the mood, finally. "YEAH! Sanada-sempai, let's go eat cotton candy! I CAN BEAT THEM!" Raichi yelled out, following them.

"So I guess it will remain a myster for now..." Sanada mused as he followed behind them. When he finally reached them Sawamura's eyes were almost popping out as he tried to squish more cotton candy into his mouth than Raichi. "Gotta capture the moment." He said as he snapped a picture. Furuya was stroking the fluffy cotton candy, holding it next to Haruichi's hair because it was the same pink colour. At least they enjoyed the rest of the festival...

When Miyuki and Satomi got back to the dorms the mood was kind of subdued. Their summer festival has been rained on by 'Ren'. When Miyuki had asked Satomi who Ren was she just replied with a 'I don't want to talk about it', leaving Miyuki feeling a bit left out and worried about her.

"Satomi." Miyuki called out when she was just about to head inside. He pulled her closer into a hug. She was stiff at first but slowly relaxed and put her arms around Miyuki. "I'm sorry Kazuya..." she mumbled against his chest, snuggling closer. "It's okay..." Miyuki said, stroking her hair. It's that Ren's fault... He thought.