13. Playing after dark

Hi everyone. Thank you for reading my story! I really enjoy writing it, and this chapter is a bit more fluffy then previous ones (I felt very inspired by romance today).

I would like to thank @thatnonormalperson for your continuous support <3.

__________________________________________

Miyuki didn't know why he took Satomi from the pitching practice, but she could just as well be with him than be with Yuki and Isashiki, right? So, what to do now? I'm still holding her hand... it's softer than my hand, but not as soft as a normal girl's (she catches for Furuya right?). But it fits so well in mine. "How about we play some catch Satomi-chan?". Miyuki asks Satomi. Satomi gives a smile. "Sure!". They got their gloves and went to the field. It was empty since practice was already over, and Sawamura usually runs on the B field.

They started playing catch, warm up throws at first. After a while they started throwing at full strength, and Satomi could keep up with Miyuki. Satomi saw the surprise on Miyuki's face when she could keep up with him, and gave a smirk. "Surprised a girl can keep up, Miyuki?". Miyuki gave an embarrassed chuckle. "Ah... kind of. But it's a good surprise. You also played baseball?" Satomi became still. "Softball... but I managed Onii-chan's baseball club the last two years in Middle School. I also practiced catching Onii-chan's pitches. So I know a lot about baseball." Satomi said with a smile. Miyuki could see there was more to that story, but he'll leave it for another day.

"Okay, how about this? Let's have a little competition. We'll see who can hit the furthest," Satomi suggested smirking, "since I can keep up with your throws." Miyuki laughed. "You're on! How about me make a bet? The winner can ask the loser to do one thing." Satomi looked at Miyuki's smirking face. She knew he was underestimating her, and that it was very likely that he would win. But it sounded fun. And what was the worst thing he could ask her to do? "Deal."

Since it was getting dark they couldn't use the batting cages, so they decided to throw pop-up balls to each other. Satomi went first. She put on a helmet. She took her batting stance and did a few warm-up swings. "Your batting stance looks quite impressive Satomi-chan." Miyuki said to Satomi. He really meant it too. Her body was perfectly balanced in her stance, and her swing wasn't bad either. She gave him a toothy grin. "Thanks Miyuki." Ah, so cute... Miyuki thought to himself.

*meanwhile at the indoor training area*

"You see that Tetsu? My BAZOOKA ball is way better than yours!" Isashiki said to Yuki, who promptly ignored him and wound up to pitch to Chris. "WAIT ONE SECOND! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! WHY ARE YOU PITCHING?". Sawamura exclaimed, bursting through the door. Furuya was close behind him, his aura sending out distressed signals. Isashiki and Yuki paused and faced them. "Pitching, obviously, Bakamura." Isashiki said to Sawamura. "I can see that! I just don't know why!" Sawamura replied. "Coach want's more options." Yuki said to them. "EH! NO WAY!".

Ryosuke and Kuramochi were walking past when they heard the commotion from outside and went in. Ryosuke quickly evaluated the situation. "Wow, this looks fun. Anyway, if this is pitching practice," he said, walking over to Yuki and Isashiki, "where is our head catcher?". Yuki suddenly remembered Narumiya's words to them: then why can Kazuya hang out with her? There was a moment of silence. Then Isashiki asked, "Wasn't Satomi also here?". Another moment of silence... "Let's go look for them." Yuki suggested. "I think it's time we had a little talk with Miyuki." "WAIT, WHY?!", Sawamura exclaimed. "I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING. WHY IS EVERYONE ANGRY NOW?"

"Keha. Forget it Bakamura, you wouldn't understand." Kuramochi said to Sawamura. "Yes, I do! I also want Miyuki to catch for me!". Kuramochi sweat-dropped. "Okay, let's spilt up. We'll be able to find them more quickly." Yuki suggested. Everyone split up and went to look for Satomi and Miyuki. Kuramochi put his hands in his pockets, walking in the direction of the practice fields. Why must it always be Miyuki? Kuramochi thought to himself. I also want hang out with Satomi. As he came closer to the fields he could hear laughter.

He went closer and saw Miyuki and Satomi. It looked like they were chasing each other, while throwing each other with balls. Satomi was trying to dodge Miyuki, and he caught her around her waist. Kuramochi couldn't help but blush. I don't want to see something like that. They look like they're in their own world. Better pretend I didn't see anything... imagine the sempai's reaction if I told them. Kuramochi laughed to himself. He wanted to be there for that reaction.

*back at the practice field*

Satomi let out a sigh. She had expected it of course, but it was still disappointing to have lost to Miyuki. He had beaten her by about 5 meters, so it wasn't that far, but still. She did enjoy watching him bat though. His focus was on another level. Miyuki put an arm around her and said with a cocky smile, "Don't worry Satomi-chan, I won't ask you to do it now. I'll save my request for later." Satomi just rolled her eyes. "Let's go get the balls then." They had each hit 10 balls, and all of them had travelled quite far.

As she picked up a ball she decided to take out her frustrations on Miyuki by throwing him with the ball. He froze, and turned around from where he was picking up a ball. Satomi started laughing. Miyuki looked at her face. He loved how joyful she looked while laughing. It always gave him a warm feeling in his chest. Miyuki smiled and threw her with a ball (not too hard of course). It soon became a game, where they were chasing each other and throwing each other with balls. "Wait Miyuki!" Satomi exclaimed. "I'm out of balls!" Miyuki laughed, "You better run then, ne?".

Satomi took off running, her laughter trailing behind her, with her long hair. Miyuki threw his remaining balls at her, and she dodged them. "You missed!" Satomi threw the words behind her, running all the while. "You would think so." Miyuki said, at Satomi's ear, making her shiver. He caught her around the waist, laughing. Miyuki brought Satomi closer to him, tucking her to his front. Her head reached under his chin, so he laid his cheek on her head, and tightened his arms around her. Her hair smells nice, Miyuki thought. A very warm feeling filled every part that touched Satomi. Satomi felt very warm, she could feel the heat of her blush. Miyuki's arms around her felt so nice and comforting.

Satomi turned around in Miyuki's arms, and put her arms around him. Miyuki again tightened his arms around her. They stayed like that for a few moments, when Satomi looked at Miyuki. She thought he had a very soft expression on his face. "Miyuki, I-" Satomi tried to say, but Miyuki interrupted her. "It's okay Satomi. Let's just stay like this for a while." He said this in a gentle voice, and again brought her closer to him. Satomi snuggled closer, making Miyuki chuckle. Miyuki then looked at Satomi and bent closer to her face. Miyuki was looking at her with such a gentle expression that Satomi couldn't say anything, just staring into his eyes. He softly placed a kiss on her forehead, and took her hand. "We need to get back." Miyuki said, taking the equipment in his other hand.

After they put away the equipment, Miyuki took Satomi's hand again. They both paused at their parting point. "Good night Miyuki." Satomi said softly, looking away. "Good night Satomi. Don't worry, I won't let you do anything bad, right? You owe me. I won that bet fair and square." Miyuki said, winking at Satomi. "You better not let me do something embarrassing!" Satomi said. Miyuki laughed, "You'll have to wait and see!". He quickly got closer and gave Satomi a kiss on the cheek, and promptly said "good night" while walking quickly to his dorm, looking back over his shoulder.

Satomi was headed back to her own dorm when a tired Yuki and Isashiki found her. They were sweating and out of breath. Yuki looked around before asking Satomi, "Where is Miyuki?". Satomi sweat-dropped. "He went back to his dorm." "Is that so?" Isashiki asked, stepping closer and staring at Satomi. "Yes, Isashiki-sempai." Just then Satomi's phone got a ping. As she took her phone out of her pocket Isashiki took it and started reading the message out loud.

"Ne Satomi-chan! I'm going to see you at the opening ceremony right? I can't wait! Dream of me- Mei-chan". Isashiki gave her phone back with a growl. Isashiki looked at Yuki and said, "I think we need to locker her up in her room. We'll have less problems, right?" Yuki thought about it for a moment. "I think could work." Satomi sweat-dropped. "Okayyy, I'll be going then. Good night." Satomi left Yuki and Isashiki there discussing ways they could better protect their 'little sister'.