19. So Fluffy

The Seido players are all fired up after the second-hand insult they received from Yakushi, and especially from Todoroki implying that Seido isn't even worth mentioning. Satomi especially found Furuya and Sawamura's reactions amusing. When they got back to the dorms after the game they immediately went to the fields to practice; Sawamura running with his tire while cursing 'Todoroki Raichiiii" with a cat look on his face, and Furuya dragging his tired self along looking dead tired. Miyuki went to review today's game with Chris, and to review the Ichidai-Yakushi game. Satomi joined them, taking her notebook.

"They are a very unconventional team," Chris was saying, "and I don't know what they will do next." Miyuki looked thoughtful. "I agree. We won't know what to expect, but we have to prepare as much was we can." Satomi was also concerned about Yakushi's batting power, especially Todoroki.

While the rest were reviewing or running out of frustration, the rest of the first string were practicing their swings. Or rather, plotting and discussing Satomi's sudden popularity among players while occasionally giving a few swings. "How come they all have Satomi's number?" Kuramochi was asking his seniors, a frown on his face. "Didn't Furuya give her number to Narumiya that time we saw him at the mall?" Yuki replied. "Yeah! How can a brother give out his sister's number so easily?" Isashiki added. "Wasn't he bribed with sweets?" An awkward silence passed. "And what about the rest?" Ryosuke asks with a dark look on his face. "Does she talk to us that much? She's either with Miyuki or talking to other players..." The first stringers were a little sad, and they kind of missed Satomi. "Let's just send her messages ourselves!" Kuramochi exclaimed. "... she'll reply, right?"

Miyuki was walking Satomi back to her dorm after their review with Chris when her phone suddenly pinged with message notifications. When Satomi checked she had 5 new messages. The first one was from Kuramochi; he sent a selfie with the caption, handsome right? The second one was from Ishashiki; My hit today was good right? Yuki's message had Satomi laughing out loud; Miyuki didn't try to hold your hand did he? Satomi's laughter made Miyuki curious, and when he looked over her shoulder to read the message he also couldn't help but laugh. These seniors... Miyuki thought by himself. It really is like she has a team of brothers. Satomi also has a message from Furuya. It only said; Jellies. Please. Typical Onii-chan, Satomi thinks with an eye roll, At least I got some extra last time.

The last message was from Ryosuke. It had a strange request; Can you check my swing? Ryosuke had never asked Satomi for help or advise, so she was very surprised. She asked Miyuki to take some jellies she took from her bag to Furuya while she went to Ryosuke. Miyuki also thought it was strange for Ryosuke to ask something like that, but he had also seen the first string seniors' reaction to everyone flirting and being friendly to Satomi. Satomi found Ryosuke near the vending machines. He stopped his swinging when she came. "You sure are popular, huh Satomi?" Ryosuke asked her, giving a smirk.

Satomi was startled by his sudden comment. "Ah, sempai, I don't know what you mean..." Ryosuke knew Satomi didn't quite understand what he was trying to say. He gave an exaggerated sigh. "Do you really need to be so friendly with all our rivals, Satomi-chan?" "..." Satomi had a sudden realisation. All of them had sent her messages... they probably felt a little neglected, especially after Raichi and Sanada's behaviour that day. Satomi gave a smile and ruffled Ryosuke's hair, much to his (fake) disgust. He ruffled her hair back, and they sat down on the bench next to the vending machine and chatted.

Miyuki was on his way to Furuya's room with the jellies. When he knocked a very sleepy Furuya opened the door. Furuya looked at Miyuki for a few moments, his face blank. He looked at Miyuki and to the pack of jellies in his hand. Miyuki just awkwardly stared back. "So, did you ask Satomi out yet, Miyuki-sempai?" Furuya suddenly asked. Miyuki was shocked. "Er, no..." He answered, putting his hand behind his neck. "Well, I think you need to make your move. I'm sure you've seen all the guys who are interested." With that Furuya closed the door in Miyuki's face. Miyuki stood there for a moment before coming back to his senses and went to Satomi and Ryosuke. When he reached the vending machine he saw Ryosuke ruffling Satomi's hair before giving her a hug and waving while he walked away.