7. Shopping

Satomi was deciding what to wear for her shopping trip (the blue dress or shorts?). She and Furuya had planned to do some sight-seeing and experience Tokyo when they got the chance, and maybe pick up a few things. They had talked about it the night before, but Satomi quickly sent him a message reminding him they were leaving in 30min. Ping. Furuya got the message while he was eating breakfast. Just as he wanted to check what it said, Kuramochi took his phone and read the message out loud. "Is it your girlfriend Furuya? She says: remember we are leaving in 30min!- Satomi." It became quiet. "SATOMI? JUST WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH SATOMI?!" (Isashiki). "Yes Furuya, where are you going?" (evil look- Ryosuke). "We're doing some sight-seeing and shopping." Furuya said, calmly taking a bite of his rice. "LIKR A DATE OR WHAT?!"- (Isashiki). "I'm also in the mood for sight-seeing." (Yuki). "Sounds like a plan." "I'm up for it." "Then it's settled. We meet again in 30 minutes to go sight-seeing." (Yuki).

20 minutes later they were all waiting at the gate. Ishashiki was complaining to Ryosuke about Furuya's arrogance. "Who does he think he is, going on a date with Satomi? How did he even ask her out? Outside of baseball he seems a bit slow." Yuki and Kuramochi arrived just then, looking very casual. Miyuki came just after them, with Sawamura yelling "Why didn't you invite us Miyuki? You want to keep all the fun to yourself!" "How did you know?" Miyuki asks Sawamura with a funny smile. Haruchi and Furuya came in time to see Sawamura trying to strangle Miyuki. Just then the noise died down when Satomi appeared. She was wearing a powder blue dress with her hair untied. She even had a cute hairclip in her hair, shaped like a baseball. Everyone's jaws dropped. So cute... they all thought, except Furuya, who was thinking about pitching. Furuya asked this girl out, and she said yes? Everyone glared at Furuya. How?! "You look very cute Satomi-chan." Haruichi said to Satomi. Haruichi too?! And he didn't even blush! The second and third years thought. Satomi smiled. "Thank you Haruichi! Are you also coming with us?" Haruichi liked Satomi, she sometimes gives him tips on improving his batting. He could see she's a hard worker, always trying her best. Although she felt more like an upperclassman to him, and less like a first year. "Yes Satomi-chan. It seems we're all going together." Satomi thought for a moment that it seemed a little suspicious that EVERYONE wanted to go at the exact time, and the exact date... But whatever. The more the merrier.

When they arrived in the shopping district, everyone looked a little lost as to what to do. Most of the upperclassman just wanted to keep an eye on Furuya with Satomi. So imagine their surprise when Satomi announced she has errands to do. "Well, I'm off! Where are we meeting later? Do we all have each other's emails?". What?! I thought this was a date! (Isashiki). Well... this is Furuya were talking about. Can he even be romantic? That is, if he ever got a girlfriend and took her on a date, and the seniors didn't think he was dating Satomi... his twin.(Miyuki). Do we have to teach Furuya how to treat a lady? (Ryosuke). "Maybe we can meet to eat some ramen later Satomi-chan!" Sawamura asked with enthusiasm. "But you shouldn't be going alone Satomi-san. And I need your help with something." Yuki told Satomi. "Okay Yuki-sempai. Just let me get everyone's emails." While Satomi was doing that, the upperclassman did a quick rock-paper-scissors to see who would go with Yuki and Satomi. Isashiki fell out first, his paper losing to scissors. "COME RYOSUKE! WE'LL GO DO SOMETHING!" "Apparently I'm going. See you later Satomi-chan." Ryosuke said walking away. That left Kuramochi and Miyuki. They stared each other down. Kuramochi went with rock, and Miyuki with paper. Miyuki smirked. Satomi wanted to go to a general store first, so they left. Kuramochi went with the three first years.

Miyuki and Yuki followed Satomi around the general store, carrying her things. She got things like notebooks, pens, wrapping tape, muscle rub and some sweets. They both knew she was buying these to help the team. It left a warm feeling in their hearts. Satomi checked the time. There was an hour left before everyone had to meet for lunch. "Miyuki, you pay for these and we'll meet up, alright?". "Ah Satomi-chan. Why does it have to be me? Ask Yuki." Miyuki says this in his usual laid back voice. Satomi stares at Miyuki. "Yuki and I have to go to the next store. You pay here." Satomi just put the money into his hands and left. Yuki saw Miyuki's mouth hanging open from shock. He chuckled. "See you Miyuki." Satomi and Yuki went to the next store. "What is it you wanted my help with Yuki-san?". Yuki became quiet. His face became red from his blush. "A gift for Takako." Heh, how sweet, Satomi thought. Only a few of the players knew that Yuki and Takako were dating, but Satomi noticed it on her second day. Just by the way they look at each other (which wasn't very often during practice... because that was 'working' times. They were very strict about things like that. They decided it themselves. But they were so cute together!)

Satomi helped Yuki choose a cute hairclip and necklace for Takako, and left him to pay. "I'll see you at the ramen place Yuki-san!" Satomi called out as she left. There were still about 15min left before lunch, and Satomi went to the sports store. She checked out all the new equipment and made a few notes. She went to the magazines to look at the monthly baseball magazine. Always good to keep up with news, Satomi thought. As she paged through it, someone spoke to her. "Ne, are you looking for the fashion magazines One-chan? You won't find them here! Can I show you were to get them?" Satomi looked up from her reading. The guy talking to her was smiling confidently, his blonde hair and blue eyes seeming to sparkle in the light. Narumiya Mei. Satomi knew who he was, she keeps up with the goings on in baseball. "Ah, you're so cute!" Narumiya keeps on talking, smiling at Satomi. Satomi scrunches her eyes. Her face goes blank and she glares at Narumiya, full cold blast. "Say Narumiya-san, could you please mind your own business? I'm busy here. And I have the right magazine. Tsk." Satomi's cold glare cuts through Narumiya's smile. "Ah, so you know me then? (puffs up chest). And you like baseball? Your hair clip is so cute!" Mei comes closer and puts a hand on her shoulder. "What's your name? Give me your email! What school are you? Which year?". Satomi is getting irritated. A tick has started at her brow. Her glare turns into a scowl. "Furuya Satomi, first year, Seido High School. Baseball manager and trainer." While Satomi says this it seems as if she's getting bigger and Narumiya smaller and smaller. "Wow, and she loves baseball! Did you hear that Harada?" Just then Harada joins Narumiya. He notices Satomi's mood and sweat drops. "Come Mei. We're going." Harada takes Narumiya around the collar and starts dragging him away.

"We'll meet again Satomi-chan! I'm looking forward to it!", Narumiya keeps yelling as he's dragged away. What a bothersome guy, Satomi thinks. She goes and meets everyone for lunch. Everyone except Yuki and Miyuki had gone to the arcade to play games. They already ordered ramen for Satomi, she thanked them and started eating. Everyone laughed and joked during the meal, and Sawamura and Furuya had a battle to see who could eat the fastest (Sawamura won, but he's looking a little green in the face.). Furuya gave up halfway, looking defeated and nauseous at the same time. Miyuki was a bit late, because he also had a run in with Narumiya. "Hoi, is that you Kazuya? Still regretting not coming to Inashiro?" Mei asked Miyuki. "Not at all." Miyuki replied. "But Kazuya, why didn't you tell me you has such a cute manager! Satomi-chan! Give me her email!". Mei harped on about it, and Miyuki became irritated with him. Mei could see Miyuki was bothered. "Heh, what's this? Kazuya likes Satomi?". Miyuki glared at Mei. "Well, see you then Mei." "I won't lose to you Kazuya! Just give me her email!". Miyuki ignored him and walked away. Back at lunch, Kuramochi was laughing and pointing at Sawamura, who was running to the restroom to puke. "That's what you get when you waste food." (Ryosuke, with a dark look.). "HOW WEAK!" (Ishashiki). Well, Satomi thought, at least the peace is restored now. They were bitter because Sawamura had the second highest score on the game they were playing. Kuramochi came first. Furuya and Haruichi were the errand boys in between breaks for the upperclassman (they also played the game, but lost in the first round...) A day well spent.