15. The beginning stages

Seido won their match against Maimon High, and the players are already practicing when they get back to school. So hard working, Satomi thinks, noting down everyone who was practicing in her notebook. Satomi takes out her phone to go through some of the pictures she took; she needs to send some to her parents. It was Furuya's official debut after all. She took photos of the others as well; Kuramochi's face after he struck out (hehe, I'll send it to him now...), Satomi thinks smirking, hitting send. The next is one where Ryosuke had a nice catch, this one she sends to Haruichi and Ryosuke.

The next one is of Yuki, his face serious before he hit the ball, Satomi sends this to Yuki and Takako. The photo Satomi has of Isashiki is where he's roaring from the outfield, and she sends it to him with the caption: Roar if hungry. Masuko's photo has him twisting his face in hunger, waiting at 3rd base, and Satomi sends it with the caption: Want some pudding? Satomi makes a note to give Masuko a pudding later.

When Satomi gets to the first photo of Miyuki she pauses. Her heart gives a fast thump. The first one is where Miyuki is behind home plate, glove ready for the next pitch, his face serious and eyes focused. Miyuki's 'game face' while playing and the usual carefree face he shows everyone is a lot different. He seems like he has a twisted personality, but Satomi likes both sides of Miyuki. And he shows her a different side that he doesn't show anyone else. He shows others his twisted/funny side, and his teammates get to see his serious side when he's playing baseball.

But he shows Satomi a side almost no-one has seen... a sweet side. A soft side. The next photo of Miyuki (because really, would one be enough?) is where he reached home. Satomi sends it to Miyuki, captioned: Aw look, Miyuki finally managed to get a hit ;).

Kuramochi heard his phone ping with a message, and he saw it was from Satomi. Wonder what this could be... Kuramochi thinks to himself. He opened it and saw the picture, frustration in every line of his face. He replies to Satomi: delete that. And try to get a better angle next time! Haruichi opens his message with smile, and when he sees the picture he forwards it to his parents. Ryosuke replies with: handsome right? Yuki just sends back a thanks, and Takako replies with a multitude of emoji's, hearts, kisses and smiles... Isashiki replies to Satomi's caption with: this is not Masuko... think you're funny, ne Satomi? Masuko replies with a smiley face, happy about being offered pudding.

Miyuki couldn't help but laugh when he got the message from Satomi. She had told him he should work more on his batting... and it didn't look like she was going to let him forget about it anytime soon. His laugh faded when he thought back to the day of the match. He and Narumiya had went to look for Satomi (who went missing and was not feeling well) and found her with a bunch of guys, who, quite honestly, got on his nerves (more than Narumiya did, anyway). He remembers how friendly they had been to Satomi. The innocent Todoroki could be forgiven, but Miyuki hadn't liked how that Sanada had been looking at Satomi. At least she hadn't noticed... but if she had she would have put him on the right track (Miyuki wasn't the only one with a twisted personality...) Miyuki replied to the message with: someone wouldn't get off my case... ;).

The next day in class the whole school is buzzing with the news of the baseball team's victory. Everyone made way for the third years when they walked in the hallway, and Satomi could see the first year girls standing in the doorway of Furuya and Haruichi's class, fan-girling about them. Although it seemed that Furuya's 'cool' image on the mound didn't follow him to school... Satomi could also see Sawamura drooling on his table when she walked past the class, on her way to second year math.

Just as she entered the class she heard some second years gossiping about Miyuki and Kuramochi, "They don't have any friends... and-" They became quiet when Satomi glared at them. Satomi made her way to Miyuki and Kuramochi and went to sit in front of Miyuki, next to the window. They knew Satomi did some of the subjects in third or second year classes. Satomi smiled and gave a small wave. "Oh, good morning Satomi-chan." Kuramochi greeted. "Hello Satomi-chan." Miyuki greeted, giving Satomi a smile. Miyuki and Kuramochi went on talking while Satomi took out her books.