14. Feel the heat

With everyone working hard in preparation for the upcoming tournaments, some had neglected their studies a little too much... The second and third years Satomi had tutored all passed (Satomi couldn't say it was with flying colours though...) just wait until our next session guys, Satomi thought with an evil look on her face. At that exact moment all the players that Satomi tutors felt a chill down their spine. They knew it involved Satomi somehow... Isashiki said a small prayer; please save me kami-sama! Yuki took his favourite bat and gave it a good luck caress, to make him feel safe. Ryosuke almost tripped when he felt the chill, but his dark aura warded the cold away.

Satomi was not surprised when Furuya visited her dorm later that day after practice, his results in his hand. He had not made it... his aura was depressed and agitated at the same time. "I know you want to play Onii-chan, but I can't help you this time." Satomi said to Furuya, instantly wiping away the small piece of hope he had. "I have to go scout Maimon High with Chris-sempai for the upcoming game." The more Satomi talked, the more depressed his aura became. Satomi gave a sigh. "I'll see what I can do Onii-chan.", Satomi said to Furuya, quickly getting up and leaving him her room.

Well, Satomi thought, I could ask Kanemaru, he had after all worked a miracle (by helping Sawamura pass), or maybe Haruichi? He was even in the top 5 of his class... What would be the best option? Mmmm... let's not take any chances. I'll ask them both! Satomi thought. Satomi found Kanemaru on his way to swing his bat. "Hey, Kanemaru-kun. Can I ask you something?" Satomi called out. Kanemaru was startled, and when he saw Satomi he blushed. "S-sure Satomi-chan."

Satomi gave a smile. "Can you please tutor Onii-chan? I would do it myself, but I have to go scouting." Kanemaru was surprised. He sweat-dropped, thinking how difficult it had been cramming any and all information into Sawamura's head... now imagine doing the same for Furuya. Kanemaru thought back to Furuya sitting and blowing snot bubbles in class... (when walking past the class, and even seeing Sawamura drooling on the desk). He sweat-dropped again. At that moment Haruichi was walking past them, bat on his shoulder. "Ah, Haruichi! I want to ask you something!" Satomi called out.

Haruichi stopped and turned back, greeting Satomi and Kanemaru. "Eh, sure Satomi-chan..." Haruichi said, also blushing. "Will you please help Kanemaru tutor Onii-chan?" Haruichi also gave an instant sweat-drop. He had in fact tried to help Furuya before, but had no success. Maybe if Kanemaru helps, Haruichi thought, he looks kind of strict. "Ah, I can try Satomi-chan." Haruichi said to Satomi. "Thank you Haruichi! Then I'll leave Onii-chan in your and Kanemaru's hands!" Satomi thanked them and quickly left to tell Furuya the news. Kanemaru and Haruichi were still standing there, each still sweat-dropping, imagining the challenging task ahead of them.

The next day Satomi and Chris went to scout Maimon High, so when Miyuki was looking for Satomi he couldn't find her. He wanted to congratulate her getting the top scores after exams. He was casually walking past, looking around for Satomi in a subtle way (he thought) when he walked into a trio of seniors. Yuki, Isashiki and Ryosuke were all standing in front of him, arms crossed on their chests with serious faces. Miyuki gave a playful smile. "Ah, sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." While he was saying this he tried to walk past them, but Yuki grabbed him by the shirt. "Looking for someone, Miyuki?" Ryosuke asked, giving a small smile, but emitting a cold and dark aura. "Ano, you see, I was just looking for... ah, Kuramochi. Yes, I was looking for Kuramochi."

"Kuramochi? Are you sure Bakayuki? He's practicing batting just where you passed now." Isashiki said to Miyuki, raising an eyebrow. "Okay, you caught me. I was looking for Satomi-chan, have you seen her?" Miyuki asked with a friendly grin. The seniors sweat-dropped. He's not even trying to hide it... they all thought. What an arrogant guy. Ryosuke got an irritated tick mark above his brow. "Why are you hanging around Satomi-chan so much, Miyuki?" Yuki asked him. "Because she's nice." Miyuki replied, stupid smile on his face. "You shouldn't hang around her too much." Isashiki said.