5. School Days

The next morning at practice the managers were talking about the 1st years. Tojo and Kanemaru were mentioned, they had reached the semi's in the senior league nationals. Satomi thought that it didn't really matter what they did in senior league, but how strong they were now (although going to nationals probably gave them confidence). They also mentioned Onii-chan! And they thought he was "playing it cool". Satomi couldn't help but laugh. They'll notice his single mindedness on pitching soon enough. But they haven't mentioned Kominato Haruichi or Sawamura... Satomi had a whole page of notes on each of them. When she gave them to the coach he said he'll look them over. Just then, Haruno, one of the 1st year managers dropped a bucket of balls. "Not again Haruno... Don't make more work for us." Takako, our senior manager said to her. She said her "I'm sorry" with a very sad face. Satomi went and helped her pick up the rest of the balls. "Don't worry Haruno, you'll get the hang of it!". Haruno looked at Satomi and thought she was such a cool and collected person. She gave her a smile.

After morning practice, Satomi took a shower (she had a shower in her room, how nice!) and got ready for her first day of high school. She put her hair up into a high bun, putting a navy ribbon on it. She looked good in her uniform. Satomi went to Furuya's room to see if he was ready to go (he fell asleep during breakfast). She knocked on his door and he came out looking very sleepy. "Come Onni-chan, we need to go!" she said to Furuya, giving him a hug. "Tired." was Furuya's reply. Just as they hugged, the regulars were passing by on the other side, "ISN'T THAT OUR MANAGER TRAINER?!" (Isashiki). "You mean your girlfriend? Looks like she's taken." (Ryosuke- evil smirk). "She can't be allowed to date a first year." (Yuki- older brother voice). "These first year's sure have guts." (Kuramochi). "But doesn't our uniform suit her?" (Ryosuke). "Who is that first year?"-(Miyuki). "Well find out at our next practice."(Yuki and Ryosuke). "Uga!". (Masuko).

Satomi and Haruno were in the same class with Sawamura and Kanemaru, class 1-C. It was only the first lesson, but Sawamura was already sleeping. And drooling all over his book. Satomi discreetly took out her phone and took a photo. I'll put that one with the rest in the blackmail file, it may be useful sometime (evil laugh). Just after that the teacher tried to wake Sawamura up, but he got no reaction. "He's not on our team." After Kanemaru said that, Sawamura suddenly jumped up and demanded why. At the end of it he swore to the whole class "I'LL BE THE ACE OF THE TEAM!". The class and the teacher gave a big laugh at that. "Be the ace? In your dreams!". Satomi thought he had good spirit, but has a lot of room to improve. After everyone got back to work Satomi raised her hand. "Sensei, I'm finished. Can I go?". Satomi had been given permission to attend second and third year classes, because she was very smart (but she was on her way to the library to go over her notes on the first string). Her English and Math were way above first year level, so the school decided she would learn more that way. She got her things and left the class. The rest of the class watcher her walk out. "Who's that girl?". "Didn't she get first place on the entrance exam?". "I heard she's a baseball manager.". "She's cute!". Satomi went to the library and went over her notes. She'll have to take notes during the game against Ichidai Third High that afternoon too.

During the game Tanba didn't pitch very well, and Kawakami had to repace him. Miyuki had a homerun. Satomi took of note of Kuramochi's speed and Isashiki's aggressive batting. Yuki's power hitting was also noted down. Seido won the game 13-9. When they go on the bus Satomi noticed that Furuya didn't go to the game. She found him in his room asleep. She woke him up. "Onii-chan, why didn't you go to the game?". Furuya looked very sleepy. "The bust left me." "So you decided that you should sleep the afternoon away?". "No, I played catch." Furuya told Satomi about the other 1st year that behind. How he has 'disgusting' throws and that he looked so happy playing catch by himself. Satomi knew he was talking about Sawamura. Who elso could it be? Satomi left Furuya to nap and went back to her room. A couple of 1st string players were 'conveniently' walking by. "AGAIN?! AND COMING OUT OF HIS ROOM?!"-(Isashiki). "Does he want to die?" (Ryosuke). "Serious guts." (Kuramochi). "Must we go and kill him?" (Yuki).

*the first string likes Satomi. While she has been observing them they have gotten to know her. They think of her as a little sister. (Some of them, anyway).