sixteen

billie

i drive down the highway alone, turning down whatever song was playing.

my mind wasn't even on the paparazzi any more, i could care less about them and that. i was just so worried about tate. i had no idea what would happen to her, i don't know the law.

i glance at the printed out ticket that rested on my dashboard. this is all my fault. tate told me to slow down multiple times. if i wasn't so fucking mad about the paparazzi this would have never fucking happened.

i slam my fist into the steering wheel before grabbing my phone. i needed to talk to someone.

"hey kermit," i say as the phone beeps, indicating he picked up.

he never sleeps.

"hey billie, what's up?" he asked almost excitedly. "you okay? it's three in the morning"

"uh, no i'm not okay. tate is going to the fucking station right now an-" i begin before he cut me off.

"fuck! you serious? for what? weed? what do you mean station? like police?" he asked, his voice laced with a panicked tone. he seemed genuinely worried.

"no, we were out at the pier and on the way home we got pulled over" i explain. "i'm panicking i don't know what to do"

"hey, listen to me. it's going to be okay. tatums a smart girl. she'll be able to get herself out of it" kermit says trying to reassure me.

we both knew there was no getting out of this one though.

"i'll head to the place right now, send me the location. are you on your way?" he than asks after a moment of silence.

"yeah. i'm really scared kermit" i say honestly.

"billie it's okay, i promise you it's okay. i'm not just saying this. she just slipped off her ankle monitor that's not even bad compared to the stuff she was doing to get herself into that position an-" kermit replies before i snap back at him.

"kermit stop! stop acting like you know the law! like you know what's going to happen to her!" i tell him, coming off more harshly than i meant it too. "i'm sorry i just-"

i know he's just trying to help and comfort me, but he doesn't know what he's talking about.

"i'll see you in fifteen" he than says, hanging up the call.

i felt my face get hot as a tears starts to fall down past my cheeks. ill never get over this. i cant get the image of tate being pushed into the side of the cop car, her being handcuffed as i just stood there helpless.

i didn't even say anything, i couldn't. i froze.

i pull up to the depressing looking police station, somewhere i never imagined myself to be. i pulled the black beanie over my hair, making sure no strands were sticking out before hiding my chains and rings.

the last thing i needed was more paparazzi or anyone in general to recognize me.

i walked in through the doors to see kermit and corey already sitting down.