five

tatum

tatum: what r we doin tn. i'm bored as fuk and don't wanna be home w my parents.

corey: i think we might go to a party

tatum: word? whose?

kermit: uh, one of billies friends. they live kinda far

tatum: oh k. have fun then

i turn off my phone as i rest my head up against my headboard, letting out a long, heavy breath.

she's ruining everything, this summer was supposed to just be me and my two best friends  and now she's stealing them from me and taking them to parties? and why the hell are corey and kermit letting her?

"tatum!" i hear my moms voice yell.

i groan as i force myself out of my bed, dragging myself upstairs.

"tatum!" she yells again.

"i'm coming damn!" i shout back, picking up my pace.

"yeah?" i ask her as she sits against the kitchen counter, letting the smoke from her cigarette escape her lips.

my moms pretty much a fuckin deadbeat. all she does is sit around till night time where she finally goes out to some bar to get drunk than will come home later to start a fight with my dad.

my dad doesn't really help the situation either though, although he's not an alcoholic like my mom, he's a pretty heavy substance abuser, drug wise.

he's never home either, he works than will usually sleep at a motel or in his car to escape my mom which i don't blame. i just don't understand why they can't grow up and get some help. like couples therapy or some shit. or even better divorce shit i don't know.

"are you going out tonight?" she asks lazily, downing whatever drink she had in her cup.

"no"

"perfect, i think the landlord might be coming over tomrrow. can you clean up?" she asks, taking another puff from her cigarette.

"yeah sure whatever" i mumble back.

"thank you" she says before slamming the front door behind her.

i groan as i look around the messy kitchen which was filled with dirty dishes, bottles of alcohol and beer cans, burnt cigarettes. i don't even know how basically one person can make a kitchen so dirty.

i spend the next three hours cleaning the whole house of messes i never even made.

i would do anything to be at that party right now.

three hours later, i'm exhuasted and passed out on the couch.

i've been watching shitty movies and eating popcorn, bored out of mind. if this is what summers going to consist of i'm going to absolutely lose it.

"yes ghost hello i see you" i coo to my dog who was now sitting next to me on the couch. "wanna go on a walk?"

~