fifteen

tatum

billie: im picking you up in 5 be ready

i smile at the text, slipping off my ankle monitor and applying one more layer of mascara and heading up the stairs.

"i'm going to coreys" i announce to whoever was in the house, not even sure if anyone was home. "see you later ghost"

i see billie sitting in her car, smiling as i get closer. she was wearing an oversized black shirt with black matching sweatpants, her dark blue hair was down and covering her shoulders accompanied by the many chains around her neck. she looked good. but again, when doesn't she?

"what are you smiling at" i tease as she backs out of my driveway.

"you" she replies simply, not taking her eyes off the road.

"you're cute" i smile making her cheeks turn pink.

she plugs her phone into the aux, playing some song i wasn't familiar with before placing her hand on my thigh.

"where we going?"

"surprise" she replies.

"gimmie a hint"

"it'll give it away" she shrugs as i slump back down in my chair in defeat.

"i don't know what could possibly be open, it's almost 2:00 am" i say, checking the time on my phone.

"don't worry, you'll like it" she says, giving my thigh a squeeze.

we continue to listen to music as we drive drown the familiar highway.

billie has really expanded my music taste, and put me onto a lot of music. i didn't realize how many great artists there were that are so underrated.

we finally arrive at the pier, the first place i took her.

"the pier" i say softly, smiling as we pull up to the dock.

"yeah, it meant a lot to me that night. i wanted to revisit it." billie says, opening her door as i do the same.

we walked in silence, my hand in hers. it was nice. it was so peaceful, the only sound was the waves crashing up against the rocks.

"i'm sorry again, you know, for everything like i'm really really sorry" i say, breaking the silence as my mind revisits the past memories.

"tate it's okay. i know you and i know you're genuinely sorry" billie says, making me smile.

"okay good" i reply.

we continue walking, finally reaching the end. we walk down to where the jet ski area is watching over the ocean.

"we going to steal the jet skis? i forgot t-" i begin before billie cuts me off.

"no, i just like being here. i just wanna sit here with you." she says as she takes off her shoes before sitting at the edge, sticking her feet in the water.

i do the same, taking a seat next to her as she leans her head on my shoulder.

we just sit there, watching the waves for awhile, looking at the few stars we could see.