eleven

billie

"so is this party going to be full of, you know, famous people?" tate asks as i pull my car infront of this giant, mansion sized house.

"nah, there might be some people you recognize but it's not a celebrity party or anything, not to brag, but i'll probably be the most famous person here" i reply, getting out of the car with tate behind me.

we walk into the house where the music was loud, people everywhere. the house was giant and had many floors with a giant backyard, but i guess no one seemed interested in going anywhere else but the ground floor.

"billie! what's up" cole says before bringing me into a hug. "glad you could make it"

"what's up cole, i feel like i haven't seen you in forever" i say with a small smile.

"i know, your lame ass is always on tour making time for nobody but yourself" he jokes. "whose this?"

"uh this is tate, tatum. this is tatum" i stutter, making tate smile and shake her head.

"well tate, is there anything i can get you to drink?" cole asks, obviously flirting with her.

"call me tatum, but yeah, actually that would be great. surprise me with whatever" she says as i smile at the fact she told him to call her tatum.

she's never told me to not call her that, i know she didn't prefer to be called tate by other people because well, if she did, she would just introduce herself as tate.

but she lets me, and only me. not even her closest friends called her that.

"here you are tatum" cole says, snapping me out of my thoughts and handing a red solo cup to tate.

"damn, this is good! what is it?" tate asks, sipping the drink.

"it's a secret, maybe i'll let you know by the end of the night" he winks making me want to gag.

"she's got a boyfriend cole" i say as he frowns, making tate laugh.

"well, boyfriend or not, let me know if you ever wanna know what's in the cup" he says one more time before walking off.

"so, i got a boyfriend huh?" tate jokes, as we walk deeper into the house.

"for tonight, yeah" i reply simply.

"jealous?"

"tate i swear to god"

we talk to a bunch of people, most of me introducing tate to a lot of friends, just for them to hit on her as i have to go along with the boyfriend lie which makes tate tease me about every time.

i don't know why i felt the need to do it, it's almost like i didn't want anyone to have her but me. i know we aren't dating, but i want her to be mine.

eventually, me and tate get separated as she's talking to one of my friends i introduced her to earlier, and me talking to some other people.

"come onnnn, let's dance billie" nic says, wrapping his arm around my waist which i let happen.

nic has been a friend of mine for awhile, i met him through my friend drew and ever sense we have just gotten along really well. he always checks in on me if it's him literally driving to my house or if it's a simple text while i'm touring in germany.