six

billie

"you good?" kermit asks as i gulp nervously, taking a seat on the beanbag next to him.

i glance back at tatum who's sitting on the end of the bed and gives me a nod, making me roll my eyes.

"can i talk to you about something?"

"like actually? because last time-" he begins before i cut him off, not allowing him to finish his sentence.

"yeah, actually this time"

"wanna go somewhere more private?" he asks, glancing at tatum who was looking at her phone.

"no, here's fine"

"talk away"

"okay, uh, i dont like you, like you know in a relationship kinda way. of course i love being friends with you more than anything" i say, cringing at the fact tatum is hearing this whole conversation. "i didn't mean to lead you on or anything like that"

"oh, that's cool i guess. i don't know how you didn't mean to lead me on considering you always texted back right away and we facetimed 24/7 and you always asked me to hangout, but whatever" he says in a angry tone, refusing to make eye contact with me.

"i love what we have now you know? i wanna stay friends and i don't want a relationship to ruin that" i finish, reaching for his hand which he pulls away.

"yeah i get it" he says, his voice cracking. "tatum isn't making you say this shit right? like it's just weird how everything's good, you leave with her, come back, and saying all this shit"

"no, no, no, tatum had no say in this at all, in fact she asked me awhile if i liked you because she thought we were cute or whatever"

"i'm sorry" i follow, not knowing what else to say.

"i think i'm going to go" kermit says, getting up from the beanbag.

"kermit, stay!" tatum shouts, obvious sarcasm laced in her voice.

"nah, fuck you tatum. i know you had something to do with this" he says before shaking corey.

"come on corey, were leaving" he says, grabbing coreys arm.

i give tatum a dirty look as she just shrugs her shoulders, both the boys now gone.

"perfect, now he hates both hate us" i mutter, making a beeline for the stairs. "that's what you wanted?"

before i could get anywhere tatum grabs my wrist and forces me to face her.

"what are you going to do? tell him you didn't mean what you said? because that's not true" she says.

she was right, i said what i had to say. there was no better way of putting it or fixing it.

"he will be over it in a week. don't worry about it. better you did it now than later" tatum says, loosening her grip on my wrist.

"i should go anyway" i tell her, refusing to make eye contact like always.

"sleepover, i know you have nothing better to do at home" she says simply.