nine

tatum

"can you please both shut the fuck up?" i yell, interrupting my parents fighting.

once again my parents were fighting, it used to be an everyday thing but it got to a point where i literally wouldn't come home if they were both there.

"don't talk to me like that tatum" my mom says, causing me to roll my eyes.

"shut the fuck up" i say harsher.

"tatum-" my dad begins before i cut him off.

"no dad, you have no room to say anything" i say, cocking my head towards him. "you are barley ever home, and when you are, you are doped up and fighting with mom, hell i don't know when the last time i saw you sober was"

"get out of my house, last time i checked i'm the reason we have a roof over our head, i'm the reason the water and electricity is still running, i'm the reason you have a place to come to and sleep" he says sternly, taking a step closer to me. "you can leave"

"fine, i'll leave" i announce, stepping out of the house before they could say anything.

it was like 2:00 am so i knew corey would be home, that's exactly where i went.

i knocked on the door which was weirdly locked.

let me tell you, it's never locked.

"corey wake the fuck up" i say loudly, continuing to bang on the door.

i head towards the back, jumping over the fence before letting myself through the back door which was luckily unlocked.

"corey?" i ask, walking into the living room to see it was empty.

i take out my phone, dialing coreys number,

"hello?"

"hey tatum! what's up?"

"i'm in your house, parents were being assholes so i left. where you at?" i question, hearing people talking behind him. "is that kermit?"

"uh, yeah, me him and billie are at ellys" he says as i scoff in disbelief.

ellys was this waffle house that we would go to literally every night when we had nothing to do, the food was cheap, and amazing. except it was more than five miles away from my house meaning i couldn't go anymore. we made a promise none of us would go and eat there unless all three of us were together again.

"what happened to us not going there until i'm off house arrest?"

"kermits idea"

"of course" i mumble.

"when will you guys be back?" i ask, hoping they won't be there for much longer.

"uh, not till later, we were going to go down to the pier"

my heart aches at that, wishing i could be with them all. especially billie.

fuck it, i have an idea.

"stay at the ellys" i say before hanging up the phone.