thirteen

tatum

corey: where u at? billie told us to meet us here early fool. i figured u woulda went w her or sum shit

does he not remeber anything from last night?

tatum: not going sorry

corey: call me

i roll my eyes, pressing coreys contact and calling him as he picks up on the first ring.

"where the hell are you?" he questions.

"making smoothies for people" i tell him, smiling at a customer who is walking in.

"well get your ass-" corey begins before i cut him off to talk to the teenage girl infront of me.

"hi, what can i get for you?" i ask her, hearing corey groan over the line.

"a small banana strawberry smoothie please" the girl smiles, looking up from her phone and back up to me.

"corey, wait one minute damn! i called you in the middle of work" i tell him.

"wait, i might be going crazy but were you the girl on billies story a couple days ago? billie eilish?" the customer says, excitement filling her voice.

"nope, i don't know a billie eilish" i lie.

i really wasn't in the mood to tell this girl i know billie eilish, and even though i'm mad at billie, i would never come out publicly and say we have a thing or whatever, especially considering my record.

"i'm sorry, you look just like her" the girl laughs.

"do you have the picture by any chance?" i ask her as she nods quickly.

"corey yes one seconded holy shit" i tell him, puting my phone on speaker and setting it next to me as i make the girls smoothie.

"here" the girl says, handing me her phone as i hand her the smoothie.

it was me. i was sleeping on billies bed as billie was standing above me, flipping the camera off with the caption this dumbass.

i smile at the picture, quickly snapping out of it and handing the phone back to the girl.

"weird, but nope, no idea. anyways, your total is $5.15" i tell her as she nods, handing me the cash.

something about seeing that picture fills me with regret. this has been the longest we've gone without talking, hasn't even been a full day, and i thought i would be fine but it's driving me insane.

"alright. corey what?" i ask him, picking the phone back up.

"so why aren't you here? we get in coachella for free and backstage for like every artist?" he asks like i'm stupid.

i guess i kinda am for not taking the opportunity, but i know billie doesn't wanna see me and i don't really wanna see her.

"okay well, me and billie didn't exactly end on good terms last night if you remeber" i tell him.

"god, you can't put your past behind you for one weekend?" he complains.