eight

play the song when the * begins ^

billie

"mom i'm going to drews" i tell her, heading towards the front door.

"you have been going over there everyday. why don't you invite her here anymore?" my mom asks as i quickly think of a lie.

"uh, nothing to do here" i tell her as i open the front door.

i glance at finneas who just scoffs before heading out the house, letting out a breath of relief.

i gotta tell her eventually, i'm just scared she won't like tatum. which is reasonable. i don't know how i'd feel if my daughter brought home a girl who had a ankle monitor on.

i get in my car, turning on the strokes, making the short drive to tatums. i haven't seen her in two days, but i've missed her.

it also hasn't left my mind that we literally almost kissed but i'm sure it meant nothing to her, just a in the moment type thing.

a little part of me hopes it was more than just that though.

i don't even think i like her like that, i just, i don't know. wouldn't mind kissing her?

i've never kissed a girl in my life nor have had any interest, but tatum has this way of making me feel like no one else ever has. and who cares if she's a girl? love is love right? not that i love her or anything, i'm just saying.

i pull onto tatums street, parking my car before walking up to the door and knocking, something corey and kermit would never do.

i'm greeted by an older women, wearing jeans and a hoodie, a cigarette between her fingers.

"hey, sorry, tatum didn't say she was having people over" she smiles, moving the cigarette behind her back. "come in"

"i'm claire, nice to meet you" she says, putting her hand out.

"billie, nice to meet you too" i say, shaking her hand and smiling.

she looked tired, she head dark, heavy bags under her eyes, her eyes seemed like they were struggling to stay open.

"tatums downstairs" she says as i nod and make my way towards the stairs.

"hey" i say as i walk down, surprised to see no kermit or corey.

guess she just wanted to hangout with me, that's a first.

"oh shit hey, who let you in?" she asks, setting her phone down.

"your mom" i laugh, taking a seat on the bed next to her.

"she's home?" she laughs as i just nod.

"she's nice" i tell her as she laughs again.

"you just wait" she scoffs, sitting up in the bed so she's now facing me.

she looked good, her hair was in a messy bun as two pieces fell over her face, she was wearing a gray nike sweatshirt with just mascara on. like usual.