fourteen

billie

there's a knock at the door, which i'm guessing was either my mom or dad.

"come in" i shout, focusing my eyes to the door.

instead of my mom or dad, it was tate. she walked hesitantly into the room, closing the door behind her.

"tate?" i said, finally speaking up. "not to sound like an ass, but why are you here?"

she moved her eyes from the floor, to meet mine.

she was standing on the other side of the room, but i could see the tiredness in her eyes. she seemed exhausted. her eyes were red, from either crying or smoking. her hair was down, kinda messy. she was wearing black sweatpants and a red tank top. she annoyingly looked good.

"to apologize" she mumbles.

"that's not going to change anything" i tell her, letting out a sigh.

"i'll change, i'll stop smoking, i'll stop doing stupid shit. i swear to god. im an idiot i know" tate says, i could tell she meant it from her voice. "you were mad at me and i was high and i just, i don't know, i wasn't thinking straight okay? and i was being a dumbass"

"tate-" i begin, before she cuts me off.

"i thought i needed it, i couldn't go a day without smoking, i didn't think i could just quit, and when you brought up ivy- i just, i got mad." she says as her eyes start to water. "you told me i relied on it and everything, and i didn't want to believe you, and if you asked me a month ago if i relied on it you'd be right. but not anymore, not ever since I met you"

"the only time my mind isn't racing is when i'm with you billie"

i walk closer to her, putting my hand to her cheek and wiping the tears away with my thumb.

"i care about you so much, too much. that's why i need you to stop. do you promise?" i ask her as she quickly nods.

"i swear to god i won't anymore, it's not worth losing you over. nothing is" she tells me as i let out a soft smile.

"billie just know i-"

"stop talking" i whisper, placing my lips on hers.

i place my hands on her hips, letting my hands roam around her skin as the kiss deepens.

"let me take you somewhere tonight" i say, pulling away from the kiss, our lips still only centimeters.

"like a date?" she smiles, making me do the same.

i look into her eyes, seeing the tiredness leave as lust fills them when the words leave my mouth.

"yeah, sure, whatever" i joke. "i'm so glad you came" i tell her, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"wouldn't have if it wasn't for finneas"

she just smiles before wrapping her hands around my neck, pulling me in again.

"billie? tatum?" finneas voice asks, making me groan. "can i come in?"