Chapter 15

Do you ever have those dreams where you know if was either weird or scary but you don't remember it? That's what I felt like after I got backstage, but it wasn't because of the state of shock I was still in.

I kept thinking what happened out there that I can't remember but I know that it was scary?

Then I remembered.

The uniforms that we were supposed to wear wear a school jersey, as I told you before, but I didn't say anything about the lower part of the uniform.

The lower part of the uniform were just your usual basketball shorts like most guys wear almost on a daily basis even if they don't have gym of have to be active in any way except for walking from class to class. I never mentioned this, but the rest of the team always say, "Sloane you're so skinny! You're like a little twig! You're the skinniest of all of us! No, wait! You're the skinniest in the whole school! You are so skinny. I'm jealous. You have such a nice body!" Things like that. I get that a lot. I admit that I'm skinny, but I'm not so skinny that I look anorexic. I believe that I have a nice body, too, but it gets pretty annoying when I get it all of the time.

Let's just say I have a body like those girls who are perfectly skinny, have a thigh gap (even though thigh gaps pretty weird. Trust me, you don't want one. You're perfect how you are :) ), and are able to get a belly piercing and look good with it. One day, I will most likely get a belly piercing.

The reason I am telling you this, though, is because of how big the shorts were on me. When I first tried the shorts on, I told the rest of the team that I thought they were too big. "They have those string thingies on it so you can tie them," one girl said happily. I tied them up tightly but I thought they were still a little loose. I just shrugged my shoulders and just told myself that they were good enough.

Right before the competition started, I was all paranoid thinking that I was going to screw everything up for the whole team. I was panicking. I had put my uniform on quickly so I could hurry and find my dance notes where I had drawn cute little stick figures doing the dance and wrote what to do underneath them so I could study them. The thing is, I totally forgot to tie my shorts before we went out there.

I sat backstage alone just thinking of what had happened for about twenty minutes before I realized what had happened.

My eyes suddenly got as wide as they possibly could have and I covered my mouth. I started sobbing at what had happened.

Everyone can rushing towards me asking me what was wrong and why I had just exploded with tears when I was perfectly fine before.

I tried to stand up, but I was so embarrassed that I was violently shaking and my knees wobbled a little bit before I hit the floor. Hard. My friend Chey that was also on the team with me rushed out and onto the stage, grabbed the microphone from the announcer lady without hesitating and said, "Dylan, we need you backstage and fast!" He stood up with a look on his face that was confused, scared, shocked, and about to cry all at the same time even though he didn't know what had happened. He knew Chey well since you all were very good friends and he knew that she wouldn't have done that unless it was an emergency or important.

He ran up onto the stage as fast as he possibly could, grabbed her arm, and dragged her backstage as his adrenaline kicked in because of fear. He stopped immediately when he saw me lying on the floor, curled up in a ball, and sobbing my eyes out while the rest of the team huddled around me trying to get me to tell them what had happened.

They saw Dylan and they all stood up and moved out of the way so he could see what was wrong.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asked truly concerned.

"I-I..." was all you could get out before you went unconscious because of your heart racing too fast.

"SLOANE!!!!!!!!" he yelled as he started sobbing and picked you up bridal style and rushed out the back door.