Chapter 3

After class, Jessica walked up to me. "Hey, Dylan has a girlfriend. That's me. So back off my man. You're not even good enough for him. You're too ugly," she scolded. "Yeah sure whatever. It's not my fault that you seem to be a bore to him now and he has his eyes on me now. So be a good girl and go to your boyfriend while you still have him. He could leave you for someone else any second now," I told her. What. Was. That? I guess I got a sudden boost of confidence. She had an expression of shock plastered on her face. "Why don't you close your mouth honey? It's so not cute," I said sarcastically. Speechless she walked away as everyone around us applauded me for standing up to her. I gotta say it. That was pretty awesome. Dylan then walked up to me and said, "Where did that come from? I thought you were shy." "I have no idea. She was bad-mouthing me so I told her off," I said shyly. He started laughing as hard as he possibly could. Confused, I asked him what was so funny. "I've always wanted to see someone stand up to her!" "What? I thought you two were dating?" I said baffled at what my brain had just comprehended. "I'm only dating her because it was arranged by our parents. I HATE that chick. She's rude, inconsiderate, everything I hate. She picks on beautiful girls by telling them that they're ugly. Like what she just did to you," he said laughing. "You think I'm beautiful?" I asked him. "Of course I do, Sloane! You're way prettier than Jessica is. She calls people ugly to make herself feel beautiful. Ridiculous, I know." Wow, he really hates her doesn't he? I guess so. "Do you know who I would rather be with?" Dylan questioned. "Who?" "You," he said, flirting with me "What?!?!" I asked freaking out. "Yeah! Honestly I have been in love with you ever since I first saw you in kindergarten many years ago. I like you, Sloane." I was chill on the outside but I was actually shocked on the inside. "Uhmm would it be weird if I told you I like you, too?" I said awkwardly scratching the back of my neck. "Oh my gosh! I'm gonna break up with Jessica, okay?" "What? Why?" I asked. "To be with you, silly!" he said poking my nose. Woah. What just happened?