Chapter 20

Like I said before, I'm a freshman in high school. Now is when most of the people who have had braces for the past few years usually get them off considering how many people are getting them off now. The bad thing is that I had to get braces recently. It's embarrassing because there are some classes that I'm the only one who has braces. Dylan said that he thinks that I'm cute with braces. He always complements me on how pretty I look with braces. (Sorry if this offends anyone. I don't mean it to be rude if you have both) I even had to get glasses so now I look like a stereotypical nerd.

Usually I have days where I feel like I look good with braces and glasses, but sometimes I have some days where I feel like I look like some hideous nerd. Today was one of those bad days.

"Sloanieeee," Dylan whined cutely. "You're really pretty with your glasses and braces. If you can't see that, maybe you should get your glasses checked," he giggled.

Usually, I am too hyper to sit still for more than 2 seconds, so I pace back and forth in the house. As I paced, I sent him a glare as if I was telling him that it wasn't funny.

Sometimes when I'm pacing, I trip on the corner of the coffee table but I don't fall. But when I sent him that glare, I wasn't paying attention and I tripped on the corner, but I wasn't quick enough to keep myself from falling and I hit the floor. Dylan rushed to me asking if I was ok. "I'm fine. I just scraped my hands," I said in pain as I looked at my scraped, bloody hands. "Babe, you're not ok," he said as he picked up my hands, being as gentle as possible.

He slowly moved my hands towards his face as I was trembling from the nervousness. Even though we are dating, I still get really nervous around him. He lightly kissed every inch of the hurt places on my hands. "Better?" he asked when he had kissed all over my hands. I nodded nervously. "Wait here," he said as he got up and walked down the hallway. I heard shuffling and then he came out with a roll of gauze wrap. He sat back down and started wrapping my hands in the gauze. "There we go," he smiled. "T-thank you," I stuttered nervously. "There's no need to be nervous, baby," he whispered softly as he helped me stand up and pulled me toward him. He hugged me tightly but I was too flustered to do anything. It was like I was frozen.

He suddenly pulled away a little and grabbed my wrists lightly and put my arms around his neck. He hugged me again happy that I was hugging him back but I was still nervous.

"You don't need to be nervous around me. I love you and no matter how much you embarrass yourself in front of me, you don't have to worry. I won't judge you. I actually think it's cute when you get all embarrassed and flustered. Don't worry," he softly whispered into my ear as he pushed my hair out of my face gently.

I didn't know what to say, so I just stuttered awkwardly. "I-I love you t-too," I said at a barely audible tone. "I love you. Te amo. Wo ai ni. Saranghae," I said to him as I hugged him tighter. (All of them mean I love you)

"Awe so cute," he giggled at me. I giggled quietly at his comment. "How do you say cute in Korean?"

"Kyeopta," I said in my cute aegyo voice. (Aegyo means to act cute in Korean)

"Ahh kyeopta!!!!" he said as he practically died from my aegyo. I gotta admit, it's pretty killer. Hahah.

As he pulled away, he gasped and had the "I have a great idea" look on his face. "Oh god, what?" I said scared of wha he was about to do. "I have an idea," he said excitedly.

He pulled up to the bedroom and told me to wait there so he could go get the stuff he needed.

What is he going to do?