Chapter 5

*A week later*

~Sloane's POV~

I can't believe that I'm going out with Dylan Dauzat!! I'm really happy, but I'm also really scared because Jessica keep giving me death glares. She told me to watch out, so I'm kinda terrified. I keep finding notes in my locker that have threats on them. I just keep them in a unused pencil case. It's starting to get pretty full.

After math class I go to my locker to get my gym clothes and see another note. But this time it was the worst one yet.

You better not go to your house or you'll see something really horrifying... Watch your step when you walk into your house, Hastings

~J. O.~

I was terrified.

*Later during gym class*

"Dylan?" I said nervously. "Yes, beautiful?" he said lovingly. "Uhhmm I got another note in my locker today. But it was ten times worse than the last ones," I said terrified. I handed him the note. After he finished reading the note, he hugged me as tight as he possibly could. "Dyl, I can't breathe," I hoarsely told him. "Oh sorry. Sloane," he held my hands in his, "I will protect you no matter what happens. Okay?" "O-okay," I said as he hugged me once again. He gives the best hugs. It's like he not just hugging me. It's as if he is embracing me in his grasp. I love him.

"What are you smiling about, babe?" he asked as I snapped out of my trance. "Oh, nothing. Just thinking about how much I love you," I said smiling goofily, looking up at him. He kissed my forehead sweetly.

*During lunch*

Jessica and her larger-than-necessary group of friends were staring at us with their eyes of hatred.

I hate her.

I noticed that she was starting to walk over to us. Oh no, this isn't gonna be good. I squeezed Dylan's hand to let him know that I was scared and that I needed him to help if something happens.

"HEY!!" Jessica yelled. She shoved me onto the ground. "Get. Up," she said through clenched teeth. When I refused to get up, she lifted me up off of the ground. She is way too strong for a girl her size. I'm 5'7 and shes 5'5. She shouldn't be that strong.

"So you like PDA, don't you? Well no wants to see you two hugging and kissing," she scolded as she held me up by my shirt collar. "Hey, if you paid attention and stopped being so jealous and trying to find a way to get me back for your EX-boyfriend breaking up with you, you would have noticed that we didn't kiss. Not once. He just kissed my forehead. So how about you get it right next time," I spat at her.

I'm shy just not towards her because I can say what I think about her.

"You better watch your back. Oh yeah, and have fun cleaning up your house," she cackled. That's what the note said. I mean, of course I know that she is the person who sent those notes because she's the only person who would threaten me like that and her initials are J. O., so it makes sense. I'm not stupid.

As we walked off, I held onto Dylan's arm in fear. "Dylan?" I asked. "Yes?" he asked concerned. "Will you come he with me? I'm afraid she might have actually done something," I asked nervously. "Of course I will, my Baby Boo," he said sweetly. Awwee I love it when he calls me nicknames. It soothes me.

*After school*

As we were walking home, since we can't drive yet, we walked hand in hand as Dylan tried to comfort me so I wouldn't think about what could be true.

As we arrived at the street I lived on, I started to have a small panic attack. He stopped me and stood facing me. "Sloane, calm down. She might have just said that to scare you. If something happened, I will clean it up. Don't worry. I will help you no matter what. I love you, Sloane," he spoke softly, calming me down. "Okay. Thank you," I said shakily.

When we walked up to my house the outside looked okay, but something was off. We walked onto the front porch as I got my house key out. I slowly and shakily put the key into the lock and turned it ever so slightly. I heard the gears clicking and it unlocked. I squeezed Dylan's hand as I felt my face loose all color from full terror of something bad happening. As I turned the knob and slowly opened the door, it eerily creaked. The door was fully opened. I turned the light on. I saw-