Chapter 3

I woke up to my alarm and got up, I got in the shower and tried to think positive about the day. I got out of the shower, wrapped a towel around me, and went to my closet. I picked out a pair of black jeans and paired them with a baggy blue shirt. I put on my black vans and went back into the bathroom. My hair was actually participating, so I just left it down and put some product in it so it wouldn't frizz. I went downstairs to get some cereal when I saw Yasmine, Sam, and my sister all sitting at the table. I turned right around, grabbed my bag, and drove to school. I was early but I needed to put some stuff in my locker so I went to my locker. I placed everything that I need to put inside and closed it.

"What the hell?" The new boy was standing behind my locker door, and I accidentally punched him.

He immediately grabbed his nose, it started to bleed.

"I'm sorry, you scared me." I grabbed my jacket that was in my bag.

"It's fine, I should have said something first." I handed him the jacket to stop the bleeding.

"Let me help you to the nurse." I helped walk him to the nurse.

"Oh boy, what happened here?" The nurse got up.

"He was standing behind my locker and when I closed it he scared me and I accidentally punched him." I explained.

"Oh, wow you have a really good punch." She examined his nose.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"It's ok." He smiled.

"Well, I have to go." I got up and left.

I didn't mean to hit the new kid, but he scared me and my first reaction was to punch. I walked as slow as I could to science because I had to sit next to Eli. Don't get me wrong I loved being next to him, but I was just saving him time to be without me.

I finally got to class and walked in. Eli was already in class and was sitting in his seat. I didn't want anyone knowing something was wrong so I walked in as I usually do. I set my bag down and sat down.

"Good morning class, I want you to talk to your partner about your project." The teacher smiled.

I knew he wasn't going to talk to me and I didn't want to scare him again so I just set my head down.

"Why did you hurt Yasmine?" He quietly asked.

"Did you say something?" I raised my head.

"Yeah, I said why did you hurt Yasmine?" He stuttered and was really quiet.

"Because she was being a bitch." I simply answered.

"Was she talking about me?" He was so quiet.

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"Because when you kicked her you said, "Talk about him one more time and I will make sure I kick your ass next time." He memorized every word I said.

"I could have been talking about someone else." I put my head back down.

"I know she was talking about me, she always does." He sighed.

"Yeah, she was talking about you." I raised my head to look at him and then put my head back down.

"Why did you defend me?" He asked.

"Because I was tired of her thinking she can talk shit about everyone and get away with it." I kept my head buried in my arms.

"Thank you." He smiled.

I looked up and looked at him. He was smiling and felt like I was melting, his smile was so sweet and pure. He looked absolutely adorable, and I never wanted him to stop smiling. But sadly it came to an end.