Chapter 6

I drove home and got ready, I put on sports bra under a hoodie and then put on some spandex for under my gis. I ate quick snack and shouted that I was headed to karate. As I pulled up a whole bunch of people where standing outside the door. I got out and I noticed it was all the nerds and outcasts. I walked in the dojo and I could hear Miguel and Sensei talking.

"Sensei, do you know there is a whole bunch of kids outside?" I walked in his office.

"I know this is great." He was excited.

"Do I let them in?" I asked.

"Yeah, go ahead and then get ready." Sensei instructed.

I walked to the door and opened it.

"Alright geeks, get in here." I left the door open and then headed to the back.

I finished getting ready and then came out. When I came out and I looked up from tieing my belt, I saw someone who I thought I would never see in a dojo. Eli he was standing next to Demetri talking.

"Hey, Eli." I walked up to them.

"You do karate here?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, my parents signed me up so I can deal with my "anger issues." I quoted the anger issues.

"That's a great idea, so you can just build your anger." Demetri scoffed.

I flinched at Demetri and he fell backwards.

"Watch what you say." I laughed and walked into Sensei's office.

"You ready?" I asked.

He nodded and we all walked out.

"Fall in." He shouted.

No one moved except me Miguel, and Aisha.

"That means get in rows." Sensei rolled his eyes.

Everyone understood and got in rows.

Sensei walked around and was giving a speech and giving people names based upon their appearance. He looked at Eli.

"Lip, that's your new name." Sensei was talking to Eli.

"Please don't call me that." Eli was quiet.

"What did you say?" Sensei questioned.

"I said please don't call me that." Eli tried to speak a little louder.

Sensei started saying some other stuff to him.

The last thing I heard Sensei say to him was "flip the script", and then Eli walked out with tears probably in his eyes. I couldn't let him go through this alone. I ran out after him.

"Eli." I called out.

He stopped and turned around with tears in his eyes.

"What?" He as shouting.

"I'm sorry, he just has no filter." I felt so bad.

"No, he's right I need to flip the script." He was crying.

"I can help you flip it." I wanted to be there for the boy I had loved since forever.

"You will?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I flipped mine and I can help you flip yours." I smiled.

"Thank you." He ran to me and hugged me.

I hugged him back and he was so soft and warm. He was precious and I never wanted to let go. I was holding the man I loved in my arms and it felt like everything was going in slow motion. Until, he finally let go.

"Ok, wait here. I am going to go change really quick and then meet me out front." I ran back into the dojo.

I quietly changed and went back outside grabbing Eli's shoes on the way out and went out through the back. I walked around the back and to the front, Eli was waiting for me next to my car. I threw him his shoes and he put them on and I unlocked the car and got in. He got in and then looked at me.

"So, how did I flip the script?" He looked clueless.

"First, we do hair and then we do tattoos." I smirked.

"A what?" He looked worried.

"A tattoo." I smiled.

We drove to a hair place and walked in.

"Hey, D, what's up?" My usual lady greeted me.

"Hey, Stacy. My friend here needs a new look." Eli was standing behind me.

"What are we thinking?" She asked.

"I was think a mohawk, and dye it black and then the tips blue." I was so excited.

"I can do that." She took Eli's hand and led him to a chair.

"You ready?" I stood next to him.

"Not really, but I have to do what I have to do." He took a deep breath.

"D, are we doing something with your hair?" She was grabbing all her stuff.

"You know what, yeah lets do blue at the bottom." I smiled.

"You got it." She gestured to a seat next to Eli.

A couple of hours later we were finished and we looked so good.

"What do you think?" We turned Eli to a mirror.

"I like it, I like it a lot." He poked at his hair.

"Thanks Stacy." I grabbed my wallet.

"D, it's on the house." She smiled.

"Thanks." I hugged her and we walked out.

"The blue matches you." Eli complimented my hair.

"It matches you to." I smiled and unlocked the car.

We got in and I started the car.

"Tattoo time." I smiled.

"Do I have to get a tattoo?" He looked scared.

"It'll match." I smiled.

"Fine, but how are we going to get a tattoo, we are underaged?" He questioned.

"My cousin Rico." I smiled.

"You have a cousin that does tattoos?" He looked surpised.

"Yeah." I smiled.

He nodded.

This chapter is a little short but that is becasue I wanted this in two parts. :)