Chapter 12

After a few hours of laying down, I got up and got ready for karate. I grabbed my keys and drove to the dojo. I was just so tired I wanted to sleep. I took a breath and walked in. Everyone's eyes went to me and I just gave them all a dirty look because I was not in the mood today.

"Maddie, I need to talk to you." Sensei called from his office.

"Yes, Sensei?" I walked into his office.

"Close the door." He motioned the door.

"What can I do for you?" I asked.

"Yesterday, I didn't mean to ruin Hawk's and your relationship." Sensei stood.

"It's fine." I nodded.

"I feel terrible, I should have just paired you with someone else." Sensei apologized.

"It's not your fault Hawk shouldn't have swept my foot when you didn't even give the go signal." I wasn't mad at Sensei.

"I want you to continue to come back but if you want to quit I understand." He sighed.

"I want to stay, just because someone is being a dumbass doesn't mean they are going to ruin this for me." I smiled.

"Good because today everyone is getting punched in the face and I want you to do it." He smiled.

"Sounds good." I smiled.

"Alright, let's go." He motioned to the door.

We walked out and I got dressed quickly and went back to the front. Eli was stretching on the floor with Miguel and Aisha. I didn't go over there I just stretched by myself.

"Fall in." Sensei instructed.

We all got into our places and waited for further instruction.

"Raise your hand if you have ever been punched in the face before." Sensei walked around.

Only five people raised their hand and Eli wasn't one of them. I looked around looking at who got punched. These people included Miguel, me, Aisha, a ginger kid, and the kid Bert.

"Alright line up." He pointed to behind me.

"Everyone who has been punched chill out for a while." He instructed.

"As for the rest of you, Maddie will be punching each and every one of you in the face today. No one will be leaving this dojo without having being punched." He walked towards his office.

"Maddie, have fun." He walked into his office.

"Who's first?" I walked towards the line.

"Will it hurt?" The first kid asked.

"Probably, but try and stay conscious for me." I hoped he wouldn't pass out.

"Ready?" I asked.

"No, but go ahead." He braced himself.

I took my stance and punched him in the face. He hit the floor hard and passed out.

"Miguel, he passed out." I looked at Miguel.

"I got him." He dragged the kid over to the other side of the mat and was waking him up.

"Next." I called.

The next kid walked up and I took my stance. I punched him in the face and his nose started bleeding right away.

"We got a bleeder." I looked at Aisha.

"I got it." She grabbed paper towels from the bathroom and walked back to where we were.

"Next." I called again.

The next kid walked up. He braced himself and I went for it. This kid got a busted lip. This line became a pattern the first passed out, the next nose bled, the third got a busted lip, the fourth passed out, and so on. The last person to get punched was Eli, even though I was absolutely pissed and angry at him I wasn't going to hit him.

"Aisha this one is yours." I gave Eli a dirty look.

"Sorry Hawk." She punched him and his nose bled.

Punching people in the face took the whole lesson, so it was time to go home now.

"Everyone party at my house tomorrow at 7." I announced.

Everyone smiled and started talking about it.

"Wanna us to come early and help?" Aisha walked over to me.

"Sure if you want." I shrugged.

"What's your number?" She asked.

I gave her my number and she gave me hers. I decided to just take my gis home because it had blood all on it and it needed to be washed. I walked out of the dojo and drove home. I got home and no one was home, so I went to the laundry room and put my gis in the washer. I walked upstairs to my room and turned on the shower. I showered and put on some sweats and a shirt and noticed I was out of hot chips. I went back downstairs and grabbed my keys, I drove to a nearby gas station and got down. As I was looking for the chip aisle I ran into a blonde girl.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I apologized.

"It's fine." She smiled.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah." She was nice.

"I'm Maddie." I smiled.

"I'm Tory, I'm new in town." She looked around at the store.

"Well, welcome." I smiled.

"Thanks, I'll catch you later." She smiled.

She walked away and went to pay. I grabbed my chips and drink, by the time I was going up to pay she had already left. I paid for my stuff and drove home. No one was home still, so I went to my room and turned on my tv. I opened my bag of chips and watched some tv. Around 9 I heard the door open, I walked downstairs and it was Moon, Sam, and Yasmine. As soon as I saw them come in with her I ran to my room and locked the door. I was not going to deal with those airhead bitches. I laid down and got comfortable. I watched a few more episodes of my show and then I grabbed my book from my backpack. I opened it and read it until about 12. I finally got tired and decided it was time for me to go to sleep. I snuggled under my covers and laid in silence. I was tired but I couldn't sleep, so I laid there starring at the ceiling with so many thoughts in my head. I wanted them to all go away, and I guess I got so tired of thinking I fell asleep somewhere between 2 and 3 in the morning.