Chapter 8

As I drove home I couldn't stop thinking about him. I wondered what he thought about me at this point, was he still afraid of me or was he getting there to not thinking that. I wanted to ask so bad on the way home but he had fallen asleep within the first two minutes if driving. I hoped he liked his new script, not only because he might stopped getting bullied but because I helped him with it. I got home and went inside, it was only 7 so that meant it was time for dinner. I wasn't hungry so I just went to my room, and laid down. For some reason when I laid down I got really tired, so I got under my blankets and tried to go to sleep. After about 30 minutes of just keeping my eyes closed and trying to fall asleep, I finally fell asleep.

I woke up not really feeling good, not sick but I lost all motivation. I hated days when I woke up and felt like this, but I knew I had to be there for Eli. I got up showered and put on a pair of sweats with a matching hoodie. As for my hair I brushed it, and threw it in a messy bun. I grabbed everything I needed from my room and went downstairs. I went in the kitchen and found some cereal, so I ate that. As I finished everyone had came downstairs and was getting food for themselves.

"I'm heading out." I grabbed my bag.

No one paid attention, so I grabbed my stuff and opened the door. As I opened the door Sam and Yasmine were standing on the front porch.

"What do you two want?" I questioned.

"We are here for breakfast." Sam smiled.

I nodded and let them in and then I left.

I drove to school and once again I was early, so I went to my locker. I opened my locker and a note fell out. I unfolded the paper, and read it

"Dear Maddie, I wanted to thank you for all you did for me, I always thought you were rude and mean but that has all changed since I've been talking to you. I can now see that you're an amazing person and you are kind, sweet, and caring. I don't have much to give you but here is one of my roses, I wanted to give it to the day we made them in science but you left to early and I didn't have the guts to give it to you in person so I placed it in your locker. I won't be coming to school today, because I didn't really feel like it so I'll see you at 11:30 so we can go see your cousin. Have a great day. Love Eli."

I looked in my locker and there was the rose from Eli. I picked it up and examined it, it was so pretty and even though it's just a small thing, I love it. I have always been the type to appreciate little gifts like these, they weren't much but they were always given from the people that care and have good hearts. I placed the rose back in my locker so it wouldn't get crushed and I would get it after school. I then placed the note right next to it. I guess I had my answer from yesterday about what he thought about me.

I went to class science and sat down. Eli wasn't going to be here so I just put my head down and fell asleep. I woke up to the bell ringing so I grabbed my things and headed to my next class.

I finished all my classes before lunch, I then walked out and went to my car. I drove to Eli's and picked him up. We drove to Starbucks and I got my cousin's usual order which was a carmel frappe with extra carmel drizzle. I just got the same thing.

"What do you want?" I looked at Eli.

"Just a mocha frappe please." He smiled.

I ordered his drink and pulled up to the next window. Eli tried to pay for his but I said he can buy next time. We got our drinks and headed to my cousin's shop.

Along the way we listened to music and laughed about stupid things.

We got to my cousin's shop and walked in.

"Rico." I called out.

"In here M dog." He called back.

We walked back to where he did our tattoos.