Chapter 20

I got in my car and drove to Eli's house. I was going to talk to him, I had so many questions like if he liked me why didn't he ask me out, why did he keep the flower, why he kissed me, why he's dating my sister. I wanted answers to all my questions, so I drove to Eli's got down, and knocked on the door. I was so nervous but I knew I had to talk to him about this before it got more complicated. I knocked on the door and a woman with long dark brown hair answered the door.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hi, Mrs. Moskowitz. I'm." She cut me off.

"You must be Maddie." She smiled.

"Uhh, yeah that's me." How did she know my name?

"Come in, Eli is in his room." She pointed down the hall.

"Thank you." I walked in.

I walked down the hall and there was only one door so it was his room. I knocked and waited.

"Come in." He called out.

I opened the door and looked directly at his nightstand. There is was, my green and black rose sitting on his nightstand.

"Maddie." He was shocked.

"Hey, Eli." I was nervous.

"Come in." He motioned for me to come in.

I walked in and closed the door.

"What are you doing here?" He got off his bed.

He had a simple black shirt, with pajama pants on. He looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep last night.

"We need to talk." I simply answered.

"I'm sorry about the kiss." He looked at the floor.

"Look, Eli, I love you, and no matter how much you hurt me I still love you but you are dating my sister and I can't do that to her." I explained.

"Dated, it's past tense." He looked at me.

"You guys broke up?" I was confused.

"Last night, I broke up with her because I realized I didn't love her the way I loved you." He walked closer to me.

"What do you mean?" I stood awkwardly.

"I mean, I love you I always have been since freshman year. I only started dating your sister because I thought it would help me get over you but I was wrong. Seeing you yesterday and knowing how much pain I put you through that made you do the things you did broke me. I'm not asking you to forgive me but I am so sorry." He hugged me tightly.

"I love you too." I hugged him.

We stood there in each other's arms. It felt right, no matter how much he hurt me I loved him and nothing was going to change that. He said he loved me and I believe him, I believed him because I knew when he lied which was rare, but when he did he would look to the right and not directly at you. When he said he loved me, he looked at me directly in my eyes and said those three simple but powerful words. After five minutes of just standing in each other's arms, I pulled away because I still needed all my questions answered.

"I have some questions." I looked at him.

"I'll answer them, come sit." He walked to his bed, sat down, and patted for me to go sit with him.

I climbed on his bed and we sat down facing each other.

"If you liked me since freshman year why didn't you say anything?" I decided to start with that one.

"I was scared that you didn't like me back and I was going to make a fool out of myself. When we started hanging out I only thought you were doing it to be nice and wanted to be friends. So I never took the chance." He answered.

"Why did you keep the flower?" I looked at the flower on the nightstand.

"Because it was a simple, sweet gift that someone I loved gave to me." He smiled his sweet smile that I loved.

"This last question is stupid but why'd you kiss me?" This was the last question.

"That was me showing you that I actually cared about you." He took my hands into his.

"I have loved you since freshman year and I always thought you were scared of me so I never talked to you. When we got assigned as partners that was one of the happiest days of my life, I gave you the flower to maybe give you the hint that I liked you but you were too slow to realize it. Then when I started hanging out with you I had the most amazing times." I laughed.

"Did you get my name removed from your tattoo?" He raised an eyebrow.

How the hell did he know I had his name on my tattoo?

"How do you know I have your name?" I laughed.

"I'm not blind, I watched Rico tattoo every inch of your side, I paid attention to every detail that was on the tattoo." He laughed.

"You're obsessed with me." I laughed.

"And I always will be." He pulled me close and kissed me.

Our lips connected and fireworks were going off in my mind and I felt my body temperature rise about 10 degrees. I felt as if I was floating in mid-air. After a couple of seconds, he pulled away.

"Can I see it?" He questioned.

"My tattoo?" I laughed.

"Yeah." He laughed.

I stood and raised my shirt to reveal the tattoo. He scooted to the edge of the bed and traced every part of the tattoo with his fingers. This gave me goosebumps and gave shivers down my spine. I hated touch but his fingertips made me melt everywhere he touched me. He got to the part where his name was and he traced it slowly.

"Wanna see my new one?" He took his fingers away.

I slid my shirt back down and nodded.

He slid off his shirt and on his chest right under his collar bone was Maddie written in cursive and it had a rose next to it.

I traced my name with my finger. That was my name tattooed on him. I hope he realized it was permanent.

"You realize it's permanent?" I laughed.

"That's the point, for us to be permanent" He smiled.

"You drive me crazy Eli." I kissed him.

"And you drive me, insane Princess." He kissed me again.

I liked this new name. It made me smile, in-between the kiss which made him smile, and then we started laughing.

"So what now?" I looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

"I'm waiting on your answer." He simply stated.

"What question is that?" I was a little confused.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He smiled.

"I don't know let me think about it." I tapped my chin.

Eli's face went blank, he was not expecting my answer.

"I'm kidding, of course, I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He smiled brightly, he picked me up and tackle me onto his bed where I was on top of him so he didn't land on my cuts again and he placed little kisses all over my face.