Chapter 4

I got home and my parents were waiting for me at the door.

"Did I do something?" I asked.

"No, we just want to remind you about your karate lesson. So go get ready and I will drive you." My dad explained.

I had forgotten about the whole thing. I put on a sports bra under my shirt and then put on some spandex.

"Ok, I'm ready." I walked downstairs.

"Great, let's go." My dad grabbed his keys.

The car ride was silent, no one said a word. As we pulled up, I read the sign. It said "Cobra Kai". What a dumb-ass name I thought to myself.

"Have fun, I will be here to pick you up later." My dad smiled.

I got out and walked in. There was a king cobra on the side of the wall. There was a moto. It said, "Strike hard, Strike first, No mercy". I liked the moto and continued to walk.

"You must be the girl with the anger issues." A guy with blonde hair and blue eyes walked up to me.

"I don't have anger issues, my parents just overreact." I rolled my eyes.

"It comes with attitude." He scoffed.

"Hey, Maddie." Miguel walked out from the back.

"You know this chick?" The guy pointed at me.

"Yeah, she's the girl that punched me in the nose today." Miguel explained.

"Grab a gis from the cabinet." The guy pointed to a cabinet against a wall.

I grabbed one that I thought would look really baggy, I went to the back and put it on, and walked back out. As I walked there was a girl with curly hair talking to the guy. I recognized her, her name was Aisha. She used to be best friends with Sam until she started hanging out with my sister and Yasmine.

"Hey, Maddie." She smiled.

"Hi, Aisha." I waved.

The guy told us to call him Sensei, I thought it was stupid but I did it. For the rest of the lesson, he was teaching us different sweeps. Sweeping came easily to me and I liked it, it made people fall on their back and knock them out of breath. After the lesson, I changed back and grabbed my things.

I got home and Moon was about to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To a party, wanna come?" She smiled.

"Sure, let me change." I went to go up the stairs.

"Bring a swimsuit." Moon called after me.

I was not going to be bringing any type of swimsuit, I was going to change back into a pair of jeans and put a hoodie over it. Was it almost 100 degrees outside, yes, but did I care one bit, no.

I finished getting ready and went downstairs. Moon drove us and we got to the party, it was at Sam's house. I grabbed some takis, which were my favorite chip in a bowl, and sat down on the couch. Everyone started coming and the house was beginning to fill up. I walked out to go check on Moon once in a while to make sure she wasn't drunk or anything. While I was out there some random ass dude picked me up.

"Put me down." I yelled.

"Time to go swimming." He shouted.

"I said put me down." I grabbed hold of the back of his neck and he crumpled to the ground.

He let go of me and then I let go of him.

"Don't ever try and pick me up again." I kicked him into the pool.

"What was that for?" Moon looked at me with confusion.

"He wouldn't listen." I simply stated.

I walked back into the house and got more chips, I sat on the couch and watched some tv while everyone was outside. After about an hour I heard yelling and then Sam came running into the house and went upstairs. I got up and walked out, her dad was yelling at everyone to get out. I grabbed Moon and we took off home. The car ride was silent and I stopped at a gas station so I could get some chips. I asked Moon if she wanted anything but she said no.

I got down and went in, I grabbed two bags of takis and two bags of hot Cheetos, the lime flavor. I went to the cash register and paid. I went back to the car and we drove home. I went straight to my room.

I set my stuff on my bed and got in the shower, I was all sweaty from the hoodie and jeans. I showered quickly and then got out. I put on a sports bra and some shorts because I knew I wasn't going to go anywhere. I sat down on my bed and grabbed the remote. I turned on Hulu and put on GI Jane. I loved this movie and I could watch it over and over again without getting tired of it. I opened one bag of each chip and started eating them.

I finished GI Jane and it was only 6 so I decided to go on Netflix and watch a show called "Schitt's Creek". It was so funny and David was my favorite character.

Around 7 I was being summoned for dinner. I threw on a shirt and went downstairs.

My mom and dad of course talked to Moon the entire dinner except for the last two minutes of eating dinner.

"So, Maddie how was karate?" My mom asked.

"Fine." I finished my food.

"Did you learn anything?" She asked.

"I learned how to sweep someone off their feet." I explained.

"That's cool." My dad smiled.

"Yup." I got up and put my plate in the sink.

"You're going back tomorrow don't forget." My mom reminded me.

"I know." I walked to the stairs.

"Goodnight." I said and walked up the stairs back to my room.

I was tired so I laid down, got under my blankets, and fell asleep.

This chapter is a little boring but it's a gap filler for the next chapter. Don't worry it will get interesting shortly. :)