Chapter 9

It was now time to go to karate so we packed our stuff and I ran to my house really quick so I can change. I told Eli that he could come in since no one was home, but he was still kind of shy so he stayed in the car. I ran upstairs and put on a pair of spandex and I had already had a sports bra on. I ran back downstairs and got in the car. I drove us to the dojo and I got out. Eli retold me his plan so I just told him to lock my car before he got out. I walked in and some people were already stretching.

"I like the new hair." Aisha complimented.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Yeah, I like it too." Miguel complimented too.

"Thanks." I shot him a half-smile.

"Why did I only get a half-smile?" He looked offended.

"Because I am comfortable with Aisha and I'm still getting used to you." I explained.

"You see pretty comfortable with Eli." Miguel took offense.

"Watch your mouth or the next time I punch you won't be an accident." I hated when people would get offended too easily.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"Hey, no fighting, you guys are a team." Sensei walked in.

"Well, he is being a dumbass." I threw my hands up and slapped them on the sides of my legs.

"Why is he being a dumbass?" Sensei asked.

"Because he took offense to something that wasn't even offensive." I explained.

"What did he take offensive?" Sensei asked next.

"Aisha complimented my hair so I said thank you and I smiled, then Miguel complimented it. I said thanks and gave him a half-smile because I am not used to him yet and I don't smile at people with who I'm not comfortable with. Then his dumbass said that I was really comfortable with Eli who is my friend and so I told him he better watch his mouth before I punch his nose of purpose this time." I took a deep breath.

"Really Miguel?" Sensei looked at Miguel.

"What?" Miguel questioned.

"This one has anger issues if she even gives you a half-smile just appreciate it and leave it alone." Sensei said the words anger issues in a whisper.

"I still heard that." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry, but it's true." Sensei shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever." I walked to the back to get ready.

I got ready and then I heard more and more people coming in. I walked back out and everyone was already in rows so I got in my spot and waited. As Sensei was talking Eli walked in. Everyone as expected turned and looked at him with awe. Sensei gave him a new name and it was Hawk. I liked it but of course, I was still going to call him Eli once in a while. I didn't get the name tattooed on me for nothing. Sensei told him to fall in and he stood right next to me.

About five minutes into Sensei's talk another guy walked in. Sensei welcomed him and told him to get a gis from the cabinet. The kid said the last one wasn't his size. He was a size large and the only one left was a medium. Sensei asked who wore a medium and had a large gis. Of course, I was the only one in the whole damn class, so I had to switch.,

"Maddie switch gis with him." Sensei pointed to the guy.

"But, I like this one." I complained.

"Just do it please." He pleaded.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and walked to the kid.

He handed me the gis and I was about to go in the back and change when Sensei stopped me.

"Just change right here really quick, girls always wear spandex under." Sensei instructed.

I hated dressing in front of people. I untied my top and slid it off my shoulder revealing two of my tattoos.

"Holy shit." Eli said out loud.

I turned around and looked at Eli who was wide-eyed.

"What?" I laughed.

"Nothing." His face was bright red and he turned around to face the front.

I hear oo's and awe's when I took off the top of my gis. I knew they were talking about my tattoos but I didn't care I then slid off the bottoms and threw them at the kid. I quickly put the bottoms on and then tied my top back up. I got back in my place and the kid got into his.

"Now for today, we will be sparring." Sensei announced.

I want everyone to make a circle around the mat and then I will choose who goes with who." Sensei used his hands to draw a circle.

We did as he said and I stood in-between Aisha and this kid named Bert I think.

"Alright first up Aisha." Sensei motioned to the center of the mat.

Aisha walked to the middle of the mat and then he picked the new guy to spare with her. I prayed for this kid because Aisha would easily kick his ass. Within a couple of seconds, after Sensei gave them the ok, the new kid was already on the floor laying on his back.

Aisha won the next two rounds, and it was now time for the next pairing.

"Alright next up Miguel." Sensei motioned to the mat.

He looked around the circle and chose a ginger kid that I have never seen before.

Miguel obviously won.

"Next, let's see here." He looked around the circle.

"Hawk, and Maddie." He motioned to the circle.

"I can't hit a girl." Eli defended.

"It's karate come on." Sensei whined.

I was not going to hit Eli. Eli and I had a good relationship going and I was not going to ruin that.

"Sensei can you give me someone more challenging?" I begged to try to get out of sparring with Eli.

"Nope, come on in the middle." Sensei ordered.

"I'm sorry Maddie." Eli apologized.

"It's fine." I gave him a small smile.

I was just going to block all his hits and not throw any.

"Fight." Sensei gave us the go.

Eli of course threw the first kick. I caught his foot and swept his other foot. I tried holding on to his leg so he didn't land as hard as he could of.

"Point to Maddie." Sensei called out.

Eli got up and got ready again. Sensei gave us the go single.

Eli tried to sweep my leg but I jumped over his leg. He then tried to throw a punch so I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me and then I moved out his way so we would go out of bounds and then I would get the point.

"Point to Maddie." Sensei called out again.

Eli got ready once again and before Sensei gave us the go Eli swept my leg and I fell straight on my back.

I gasped for air and when I finally got my breathing back to normal I stood up.

"What the hell was that for?" I was mad.

"I thought he gave us the go, sorry." He rolled his eyes.

"What the hell is your deal?" I was confused.

"You think I'm gonna lose to a girl?" He scoffed.

I was pissed, why was he asking like this. This wasn't the Eli I knew. So I decided to put this fool back in his place. Sensei gave us the go I quickly swept both of his legs and he fell into his back and gasped for air just as I did. I was pissed so I got off the mat and went to the back to change. I changed and grabbed my things. I walked out through the front.

"Maddie, wait." Sensei called after me.

I just stuck up my middle finger and walked out. I got in my car and drove to the skate park. I didn't care that I wasn't wearing the right clothes I just needed to blow off some steam and I had my board in my trunk so I took the chance and went to the skate park.