Chapter 17

There will be trigger warnings such as blood, and cutting. I'm warning you now.

"I need help." He stood.

"With which part?" I asked.

"All of it." He laughed.

"Ok, come on." I motioned for him to come to the matt.

I promised sensei I would help anyone who needed help, so I couldn't back out now. I was going to try and keep it simple and easy so we could get over it right away.

"Alright so take your usual stance." I instructed.

"Ok, what now?" He looked at me.

"You're going to slowly spin to your left." I demonstrated as I said the steps.

He slowly spun to his left.

"Ok, now stop. Here you are going to leap off your left." I showed him the small hop.

He copied my movements.

"Now, when you're in the air swing your right leg fast and over." I stepped back and did the spin with the kick.

He pretty much got it.

"Now when you land you're going to land on your left, twist your body around and then place your right foot down so you will be facing your opponent." I replayed the landing movements slowly.

He nodded and he got everything right except the landing. He would land on his right so he spun around too many times and lost balance. He twisted, landed, and fell onto his side.

"You're landing on your right foot so you are spinning too many times and it's making you fall." I explained what he did wrong.

He got up and tried again and still spun too many times. Once again he landed on his side with a thud.

"Ok, let me help you." I made him take his stance.

"Now slowly do everything I said to do. Go slow so you don't hit me." I stood behind him.

He slowly spun around leaped off his right swung his right leg around, I grabbed his hips trying to force him down so he would land in his left. He moved too quickly so he would land on his right and with that, we came crashing down on the floor. He was on top of me and his body pressed against my cuts on my thighs.

"Get off, get off." It hurt so bad.

"What's wrong, did I break something?" He got off quickly.

I looked down at my legs and you could see blood soaking through my gis.

"Maddie, oh my god." He reached down to help me.

"No, stay away." I pushed him away.

"What happened?" He was freaked out.

"Nothing." I tried to get up.

The pain in my thighs was awful. It felt like when he landed he reopened each and every one of the cuts and it was stingy and throbbing.

"Goddammit." I was trying to calm down.

"Let me take you to Sensei." He went to pick me up.

"No, don't touch me." I struggled.

He fought my hands and he slid his arms under my legs and placed his other hand on my back. He carried me into the front.

"Maddie's bleeding, I don't know what happened." Eli was freaking out.

"Take her to the back." He instructed.

He took me back to the back and laid me back on some higher mats.

"I'm fine just leave me." I pushed him away.

"No, I'm staying right here." He stood next to me.

Sensei came running in with wrap and towels.

"Please tell me you have spandex under." Sensei hoped I did.

I nodded my head yes.

"Ok, slide off the pants." He was terrified.

I did as he said and my thighs were soaked with blood.

"Sensei I got her." Eli grabbed the towels and wrap.

"Ok, thank god, I'm not good with a lot of blood." Sensei left.

I pulled up my spandex because I knew exactly where the bleeding was coming from.

Eli saw the badges and reached to undo them.

"No." I stopped him.

"Yes, we need to get the cut to stop bleeding." He reached for them again.

"No, turn around I'll do it." I instructed.

He did as I said and turned around. I carefully unwrapped the blood-soaked bandages and placed the towels on them and applied pressure. After about 7 minutes I got the bleeding to stop. I wiped off the rest of the blood and reached for the wrap. I made sure to tell Eli not to turn around until I said.

I grabbed the wrap and starting unpackaging it.

"Maddie." Eli turned around and looked at my thighs.

I quickly grabbed the towels and threw them over my legs.

He grabbed the towels and moved them off my legs.

"Stop looking." I tried to wrap my legs in my arms.

"What did you do?" He moved my arms and laid my legs flat.

"I said stop looking, Eli." I shouted at him.

"Why would you do this to yourself?" He looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"It's none of your business now leave me alone." I tried to push him away.

He grabbed my hand pushed up my sleeve unwrapped my wrap from my arm and stared at my arm.

I finally yanked my arm away and held it close to my body.

"Maddie, I am so." I cut him off.

"You're sorry?" Don't act like you care about me now, you never have so don't try and act like you do now." Hot tears started falling.

"Maddie, I have always cared about you." He grabbed my hand.

"That is such a lie, you have never even liked me. You were scared of me for god's sake. I was nice to you every chance I got but no instead of opening your eyes and realizing I loved you, you chose my sister who bullied you with her dumb-ass friends." I wrapped my legs.

"You love me?" He questioned.

"Yup, since freshman year." I got down from the matt.

I started to walk away when he grabbed my waist with his hands, spun me around, and kissed me.