Chapter 19

I got up from my bed, opened my door, and took the sign off the door. I then closed my door again and went into the bathroom. I turned on the shower, stripped my clothes and bandages, and got in. I stood under the water and I was ok. Even though I went through a stressful moment, I was ok and I didn't cut like I usually would of. I was so proud of myself that I did something like that, I showered, got out, put on my pajamas, and laid in bed. I snuggled under the covers and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and I felt ok I wasn't sad but I wasn't happy either, I was just ok. I got up, showered, got ready in my usual, and went downstairs. I ate some breakfast and went back upstairs to grab my stuff. I grabbed my backpack and shoes, then lastly my phone. I looked at my phone and no one had called or texted me. I put my phone in my pocket and went downstairs. I grabbed my keys, got in my car, and drove to school. I went to my locker and grabbed and placed everything I needed in there. I closed my locker, I had to go to the restroom so I walked down the hall. I walked past the entrance and Robby was with Sam holding her hand as they walked in together. I was happy he was with someone that he wanted but I knew it was a matter of time before they broke up because of Sam's dumb ass decisions. I walked to the bathroom and used it, I washed my hands then walked out. I was walking towards my class when someone called my name. I turned around and it was Robby.

"Hey, Maddie." He smiled.

"Hey." I didn't look at him.

"I'm sorry about last night, I was with Sam and." I cut him off.

"It's fine I dealt with it by myself." I explained.

"We can talk about it at lunch if you want." He offered.

"No, it's fine." I kept walking.

"Are you mad at me?" He questioned.

"No, I'm just disappointed." I sighed.

"At me?" He asked.

"You, the world, everything." I was almost to class.

"What happened?" He stopped me.

"Like I said I handled it by myself." I tried to walk away again.

"What was the emergency?" He stopped me again.

"It's over with, you were with Sam and didn't have enough time to talk to me for five minutes so I don't have the time to talk to you now." I walked away.

"Maddie, I'm sorry." He ran to my side.

"Look I get it you like her but I'm supposed to be your best friend, we are supposed to be there for each other. I texted you it was an emergency and you said no that you couldn't talk you were with Sam. I was in a really bad place last night and I needed you but you weren't there when I needed you the most so no I'm not mad I am just really hurt." I explained everything and walked to class.

Robby didn't follow me he just stood in the middle of the hall speechless. I walked to class and sat down. I pulled the drawing I didn't finish yesterday and started working on it. I finished the rest of the body by the time class started. Eli didn't come to class today which was kind of nice because I didn't know what I would say or do.

"Good morning class, we will be continuing our project." The teacher smiled and sat at her desk.

I started the details, I like to start with the face because that was the easiest. I made sure the baby was smiling, so I had to make creases on its eyes and mouth. The baby was going to have a dimple of its right cheek. I finished all the details of the baby's face when the bell rang for the next class.

I packed my things and went to my next class. All my classes were slow and boring but it was now time for lunch. I walked to my usual table.

"Hey, Maddie." Tory smiled.