XX - Devour (Special Giovanni's POV)

Giovanni's POV

  It's been over a week since I've last seen Kinsley. Her eyes the way they look at me with hate, and scorn, a look that awakens my human nature. It's been so long since could feel any human emotion. All I felt was the wolf the need for dominance the need to be in control. To exhibit strength unparalleled to anyone else.  

  Then she came tumbling back into my life like a force of nature. Her presence demanded respect, it demanded to be treated as more than equal. She was a queen a queen among beast. My queen among beast. 

  But I had long ago severed the bond that way tying her to me. I couldn't be what she needed me to be back then. I couldn't show love, because I know no love. I didn't understand back then, and I still don't understand the emotions that she wants from me. No... not what she wants from me. What I want from her. 

  I need her to be the thing that drives the humanity back into my mind. To remind me that I am half human that I am not just a wolf that walks in human skin. But also human. I crave that, I need it. 

  Shifting in the seat I look out the window the scenery was flying by in a hurried blur. I was cutting through the dense forest that leads towards her main pack house. The soft white snow was diaphanous as it surrounds the landscape in an ethereal field of view. 

  Taking a deep breathe I rub a hand over my stomach, I still remember the feel of her knees sinking into my stomach. I'd never in my life been treated like that by a women. They always wanted something from me. Whether it be money, power, lust, maybe even love. They always came with arms open and legs wider even still. 

  Although, not Kinsley, she may have retained the severed bond. But she didn't seem to want anything from me. Her eyes didn't look at me with love. She never cut me a loving stair like she does to her Beta. There are no kind touches to reassure me that she has forgiven the past transgression of mine. 

  Even so I haven't given her much reason to respect me or show me kindness. All I manage to do is hurt her or piss her off. I threatened to kill that Beta of her more times then I'd like to be held accountable for, but her love for him made my blood boil. 

 Exhaling, I run a heavy handed hand through my hair. The black locks flopping back in place as I reach the back of my hair. Turning towards the window I smile when I see a huge house appearing in the distance. 

  Soon, I could clear all the air and make things right. Because I wouldn't let her go. I felt this obsession start to take over my body. And realized when I rekindled the bond that there was no one on this earth other than her. That could quench this burning that I felt. 

  I wonder if she feels the same way about me or not. Snorting, I shake my head. She hates my guts that much is obvious. The car came to a shrieking halt. And I jerked forward the seat belt cutting into my chest. 

"What the hell are we stopping for?" I growl looking at the driver for an explanation about what happened. 

"Alpha there's a wolf in our path. I think it might be Alpha Kinsley." My driver says and I look out the window being greeted by a towering wolf. Teeth bared and eyes looking mad. 

"Stay in the car." I demand and push the door open. Almost snapping it from the car. Slamming it shut with just as much force. My feet make light crunches in the soft snow underfoot. 

  Turning her attention from the car, she turns her eyes onto me. They are bloodshot and the golden iris looks weak. Her teeth are still bared at me. But there is something very not right with her right now. 

"Kinsley." I say and she bounds forwards her paw cutting into the snow and hitting pavement she bounds and then jumps over me and I turn around and watch her form disappear into the clearing.