XXI - Sanguine

<Week Prior to Gio's Visit> 

Kinsley's POV

  I felt like the whole world was conspiring against me. I might have put Giovanni in his place. But now Six was mad at me because I hadn't reascending the bond yet. And now I currently didn't know where he was it'd only been a phew hours since he'd left. 

  But it felt like I was going insane from the wait. I was pacing around the whole mansion. Everyone was out and about, doing their jobs patrolling. Making sure everything was safe. 

  And what was I doing? Worrying my head off my shoulders. At this point, you might as well, just cut the damned thing off. Rubbing a hand along my face, I pinch the bridge of my nose. Trying to elevate stress. 

  When all of the sudden something soft ran into my leg. There was a thud and then a small "ow" before I felt two arms lock around my leg. 

  Looking down I found a young pup holding on to me. Her hair was short and a fluffy the curly matting of hair tickling my exposed skin. Her dark chocolate skin making my skin look even paler than before. I can't say I remember her name, to many wolfs and to little time spent in one place for me to. 

"What are you doing?" I ask softly leaning over looking down at her. She looks up at me her eyes a soft hazel. 

"Looking for ma'am and papa." She says her little eyes were on the verge of tears. Brushing my hair to the side I reach my hands down and slowly unwind her own from my leg. Before I pick her up, she could only be about four. 

  She was wearing jean and a cute little sweater that was a fluffy pink and smell like sweet apples coated in caramel. Little pups always head the best scents they were a combination of their parents and it was always strong. 

"How about we go to the nursery and see if we can find your parents." I tell her smiling. She practically beams at me, her eyes lighting up and she hugs my neck her little arms tight. 

"Mhm, thank you, Alpha." She giggles in my ear and I smile. What a cute little pups she was, now lets see if we can find her parents. 

  It doesn't take long to get there the whole way she is chatting up a little storm about her and her parents. About all the cool things that they've shown her and the vacations that she has seen. This little kid is pretty well traveled. I wonder just who her parents are...

"Alpha." An exclaimed voice sounded and I paused in the doorway. A younger girl probably in her mid-twenties jumps up. Her black hair was pinned with a clip and her shirt was a mixture of sparkles and different arts and craft supplies.  

  She loops her way up and around the little ones that are sitting at tables making art collages. How peaceful this atmosphere was, children were giggle and talking among each other there is another a man in there he coming out of the bathroom with a little boy no older than three. 

  He looks surprises and give me a light bow of his head. As he takes the little on back to his seat. 

"Anna where have you been?" The women says her face an apology. "I'm sorry Alpha you had to bring her back here." She says reaching an arm out and quickly plucking the young girl from my arms and place her on the ground. 

"Anna you know your not suppose to wonder around the mansion without someone with you." The women starts. 

"But I wasn't by myself the Alpha was with me." She says matter of a factly and I stop a light chuckle from leaving my mouth. This little girl was quite quick on her feet. 

"Fine, go on and go get started on the collage. Marcy will help you with it." She say and a little girl wit striking black eyes and black hair turns around her lips pull up into a smile. As she waves at Anna.