XXIII - Unconditional

Kinsley's POV

  Gasping, I jerk away and looking around my hair flying around me in a mass of black. Whipping across my face, I take deep breathes. Trying to calm my ragging heart that feels just about ready to fly from my chest and hit the ceiling. 

  My mouth feels awkward and my body doesn't feel quite right. It all feels wrong everything feels so wrong, I don't feel at home in my body. I feel a stinging in my eyes and soon tears are running out of my eyes. Something below me moves and I almost jump out of my skin. 

  But lying beneath of me is Six, his eyes are closed as he's got an arm draped across his eyes and another I find wrapped around my waist. 

  The events of the past come rushing to my mind and I scream. A long and loud scream as I claw at my face, my skin was no longer my skin. Everything about me had changed. I am a monster, among monsters. 

  Six eyes fly open and he flips me over so his body is concealing mine, his head moves around looking for the danger. And I cry more, he shouldn't protect me anymore I'm a monster. And I hicup and stop my sobbing. 

 Looking up at his tanned skin and dark hair that is even longer, I'd drank from Six. I've done the worse thing I could ever do, I've drank from someone in my pack. 

Shaking, I can't help but feel like a lost kitten. Why hadn't Six killed me! I feel anger surface and boil it's way into my blood. I'd ask him to kill me and he hadn't! Why was I still alive?! 

  Growling in anger I slam my hand into his chest. He jerks backwards and I sit up pushing him off of the couch that we are on. He make a light thud as he hits the floor. And I glare at him my mouth open in a snarl. 

"Kinsley." He says my name with hesitation and I feel something else die inside of me. 

"I told you to kill me!" I snarl at him my mouth opening to reveal no doubt my new found fangs. 

"I'm not going to kill you, I promised to protect you!" He says back with more anger in his words then my own. He sits up gripping my shoulders, giving me a hard shake. 

 And I look at him, my eyes watering and I feel slimy tears run down my cheek, he removes a hand from my shoulder and rubs the bloody tears from my skin. He's still on his knees and a gentle look runs over his features. 

"I'm sorry I left you alone. I just couldn't handle you not being mine and I felt betrayed that after everything that Giovanni did to you; you were still with him." He breathes out his warm hand enclosing around my cheeks cradling my face. 

  His embrace was so tender, like I was a fragile being that would shatter at any moment. 

"Please don't touch me like that, I am not something worth your touch anymore." I whisper my fangs poking into the soft flesh of my lips. 

He growls a violent sounding one, that shakes me to the bone. It made me feel like a small lost child again. And I want to shrink away from him, but his hands hold me in place. 

  Raising my eyes I look at him in the face, his eyes are golden and hard, ready to cut someone down. I saw his wolf moving under his skin. His lips are pulled back reveling sharp white teeth. 

"Shut up!" He snarls at me and I feel my fangs slide down into my lip. The taste of my own blood filling my mouth. 

  Why was he yelling at me? 

"Always saying that I am not good enough for you; you always say that! It's not true, your the most beautiful, strongest and most out of reach wolf that I've ever met." He huffs at me and I feel a warmth course towards my cheek.