XXVI - Insensible

Kinsley's POV

  I lean my head against the window of the car, the cold biting into my skin. Although, I know I should shiver I find that the cold doesn't bother me. Now that the bio-chemistry of my body was changing, it seems like certain things weren't the same. For instance my body temperature. 

  Now ran colder. Simple things like that everything seems so different so intricate and difficult. I also cry bloody tears. That was just a horrible reality, I suppose. Weather it be joy or pain I would bleed for the occasion. 

  Even now as I am pulled further and further away from the world that I no longer belong to. Forward onto a reality that I wish wasn't mine, that my children wouldn't have to endure on their own. Tears of blood run from my eyes like red rubies cascading down my skin in a horrible melody of pain and suffering. 

   Could anything else make one so desensitized? I knew the moment I saw my children, I would ache for them everyday, and I knew that the same would be felt for Six who would never set eyes on the pups. I would tell him that they had died. I would spare him a life long pain of not knowing, for one of death and betrayal that would hurt him in the moment but spare him in the long run. 

  Neither would be pleasant, but I was making a choice and I wouldn't regret it anymore. I would face this by myself and I would make sure that they got to live. 

  I close my eyes and wait for the portal that would take me to the witchly world. Closing my eyes I bite my lips and shiver as I feel a painful shiver rake through my body. The wind is driven from my body and I hiss in pain. 

  There is a strong kick against my stomach! I struggle to pull air into my lungs, after a minute, I'm able to pull a strangled breath deep into my lungs. Leaning my head back my inky hair slides out of its hair band and touches my exposed shoulders. 

  My pups were agitated, where they coming earlier than expected. Placing a hand on my now calming stomach, I felt a peace settle over me. Or maybe they were just reacting to the magic, they were magical themselves. 

 Reaching a hand into my bag, I pull out my phone. Sliding the lock screen open and looking at a plethora of text messages that I had missed. I'd left early this morning in the wee twilight hours of the morning. I needed to get to the witch world as soon as possible. They wouldn't be able to reach me there, I would be able to seek asylum with the witches, under the guise of negotiating a treaty with them. 

   Tapping the message button, it was Six. He'd seen me a number of text messages. 

I'm sorry - 3:03 a.m. 

Please don't go - 3:17 a.m. 

I love you; I know that you're serious about protecting the pups! But let me help, please, don't shut me out! - 3:42 a.m. 

   Tears drop out of my eyes, and I place a hand over my mouth! Trying to stifle the sob's that rake my poor body! It hurts me; hurts me to take them from him. To hide them to spirit them away! 

   I want to turn this magical car right around, to march up to Six and just cry. Beg him to forgive me to forgive what I am planning to do. To explain just how much of my soul this was breaking! For him to understand that I was broken! I was a big girl that hides the fact that she is broken on the inside...

  I drop my eyes back to the rest, my tears landing on the screen and blurring my already blurry vision. I wipe a furious hand over my eyes, cleaning them so I can see the screen in front of me. 

Please! Come home to me! We can run away we can leave to run and hide together! I don't care about the council about the wolf world! You are my world; you're what matters to me! Please don't cast away our children! Please let me hold them in my arms.... I love you... - 4:09 a.m.

 Blood is running all over my phone and face now. No doubt ruining my purple maternity shirt that I am wearing. My hand are covered and I wipe my eye again, smearing the red liquid even more along my face. 

  Great I probably look like a fucking killer. But I can't stop the torrent of emotion that runs along my mind and causes a physical ache in my body. I slam my hand into the plush cushion of the seat. 

  My nails sink into the cushion tearing at the leather, the ripping sound reaches my ear. Although, that doesn't stop me from tearing into it, I need to release my pent of anger, sadness and loss. I didn't want to tear apart Six, he was everything to me. My guide post when things get hazy and when I feel lost, he is always there for me! 

  Turning back to my phone I try to wipe the bloody mess off the screen to read the last message. After a couple second of wiping and some spit to clean away the blood the message came into focus. 

I'll support you... - 5 a.m. 

  "Hic..." Was the only sound the escaped my mouth after I re-read the message a few time and then again even then for extra measure. What had I done to deserve someone like him! What?! 

I drop the phone and feel even more tears start to come out of my eyes the taste of blood and iron run into my mouth. As the tears slide down my face towards my mouth, I open my mouth but nothing comes out of it. 

  Biting into my lips, I feel my incisors cut deep into my lips as I try to stop crying to reign the emotions under control. But between my hormonal imbalance because of being pregnant, and my transformation into a hybrid, I don't quite have the power to reign everything in. 

Instead, I scream a long and loud scream that reverberates around me. It soon turns back into a sob and then a ugly dying sound leaves my mouth. Shivering, I let the tears pour even more, I didn't know I could cry this long or this violently. 

  Thankfully the driver in the car was a skeleton a wonderful gift of the witches allowing me to travel via their expense. Meaning I can scream and cry all I want. 

 I feel my claw sink into the soft leather, tearing more and more of it apart. Till it was thoroughly shred, and I was breathing heavy. My mind is in chaos, I reach into my bag looking for my phone. Before I curse and throw my bag, reaching a hand down towards the floor looking for the thin metal device. 

  Fumbling around for a minute or two, I finally manage to get the phone without falling on my belly. Raising the phone up, I slide the lock screen again, and my messages pop up. Six's message glowing vibrantly. 

 I begin to type my response into the message box. I read over it again before I hit send. 

7:15 a.m. - I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I have to do this... knowing I have your support make this all the more easy for me. Thank you, you're better than I deserve!

  I press send and listen to the silent wosh as the message sends, before I drop my phone into my purse. Unbuckling my seat belt, I stretch out on the shredded leather. Feeling the confines of sleep tug at my mind as I journey towards my destination. 

  A destination that would be the beginning of my plan to outwit the forces at play and to securer a life for my children. No matter what, even if I had to spill blood to do so! 

______

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is so short, but its kind of like a down chapter before some of the action really starts to unfold. And I wanted to show more of the relationship and the pain and struggle that Kinsley is having with her choice. Maybe foreshadowing the impending doom that is coming up! 

  I'm actually going to try to update this again tomorrow. Since, I have most of the day tomorrow to sit down and work on it :) 

Comment and vote pretty please! XD 

Song to the side - Sia - Big Girls Cry