X - Decent

Kinsley

   If their is one piece of advice that I would give someone else that found themselves in the same situation as me, it would have to be... get the hell out of there. I don't care if you think your the baddest bad ass on the block, your ass better be running. 

  The look on his face was something between anger and lust. I couldn't quite tell. Although, it wasn't like I had a desire to find out what was eating him. It'd be a lie if I told you I was interested in what he was thinking. 

"You really didn't learn any manners which you were gone for five years did you?" He asked me, and I gripped the marble counters that was behind me. 

   His eyes were completely golden and looked captivating. I was a deer in the headlights and I couldn't wretch my eyes away. Why did he have to be so damned interested in me. What did I do to deserve this type of attention? I didn't go and throw myself at him. I didn't try to kiss his ass. 

Was that what had drawn his attention to me. Because I went against the grain? 

"Answer me," he demanded, his hands curling at his side. 

   And I felt my wolf shrink into the back of my mind. I suppose their wasn't anything that she could do to help me now. It wasn't like she could go against him. He was still my superior and my animal side knew it. 

  But the human part of me would be damned before I followed that damned social order. Sucking in a deep breathe of air, I exhaled slowly trying to release the fear that was bouncing around in my body. 

 "I don't understand what your so upset about," I said softly with blank look on my face. I wouldn't be intimidate by him.

  But I don't know if that was the right course of action. He moved closer towards me. His body almost touching mine as he towered over me. And I felt very naked in my soft black sweater and white jeans with black boot. He cut through me like a warm knife cuts through butter. 

  I was to aware of him, I didn't want to be aware of him, I didn't want him like that anymore. I'd stop wanting him the day that I killed the old me. I'd long forgotten those couple of hours where he was my everything. I would have done anything for him, but that all ended when he severed the bond. It all just ended like a black and white picture no sound, nothing. 

"You've changed, why couldn't you have been like this when I met you five years ago?!" He asked me, running his hand lightly through my hair. And I was frozen. I had no words to explain what was going on right now. 

 His fingers are soft as they pull threw my hair. Letting it slide softly through his open hand. What the hell was going on?! 

   I felt my eyes clamp shut, I didn't want to this happen. Why was this happening to me, anything but this, him showing me affection was like superman and kyropnite. Those just don't mix, I couldn't tell if it was all just a joke to him. 

   He breathe tickles my face and he tilts my head up. I slowly peel an eye open to look at him, but the look on his face is unreadable.

   Biting down on my lip, I feel a small flame lick somewhere deep in my heart. It wasn't something that I wanted to admit to myself, but it was there burning with the little fuel it had. 

  "What are you do-" he placed a finger on my lips and stops me mid-sentence. 

   I didn't speak, he removed his finger and replaced it with his thumb gently brushing it over my lips. He stops and I notice that his eyes are back to their vibrant green. And the anger that had been evident in his face was now gone.