XII - Brutality

Kinsley's POV

'Sweetie do you want to open your Christmas present?' My mothers voice rang from the kitchen as she whipped her hands down her apron. 

'Mother I want to open my presents to!' I heard my two older brother yell from besides me. 

  And I giggle my mouth was open wide and I stand up. My legs were a little wobbly and I feel giddy with excitement. My brothers both take my arms, and pull me along with them. I was a mere five but I was still a little behind everyone else. 

  My brothers are both already enrolled in school far away from me. And the only time I get to see them is when they come home form the holidays. 

  I knew we were all different from other people outside the huge extended family that my Mother and Dad told me that we had. And that was okay, I didn't know anything else. 

 Licking my lips I smile when my mother picks me up placing me on the counter. Flour coming away from her hand and landing lightly on my nose. 

   She turned away from me and my brothers, walking into the living room and heading to the huge tree that is huge. Standing giant over my tiny form. I smile and swing my legs back and forth. My brothers were both leaning on the counter next to me. 

   Swiping at the cookies that lay on the sheet, the howl a little as the cookies burn the roof of their mouths. And I smiled patting their heads with my hands, they smile up at me. 

'Here you are darling.' My mother said handing me a present that is nearly half as big as me.

  'And you boy here are your presents' she handed them smaller boxes. And I smiled pulling at the ribbon that adorned the top of the box. 

  The shredding of paper and the smell of warm cookies filled the air. Leaving me with a memory I knew that I would never forget. One that I didn't ever want to forget. 

 As my hands pulled the away the wrap and the box is exposed. I feel my face stretch into the biggest smile yet. In the box their is a giant stuffed bear. 

'Mother she's beautiful,' I whisper out and smiled as hugged the huge teddy bear to my little chest.

'It's for a very beautiful girl,' she said pressing her hand to my face and rubbing my cheek. 

  Big fat tear slide out of my eyes and I tried to contain the heart wrenching sob and my body shook. I missed that day, I missed that moment, I missed that smell, I missed those soft smiles of my family. 

  Placing a hand over my mouth I sobbed in silence. Keeping the sound of my pain hidden in my hand and in my heart. After the sobbing had subsided, it was just the tears that fell from my eyes. 

  Turning over I feel my face press into the side of Six's body. He was sound asleep his arms are still wrapped around my form. But he didn't stir and that was fin by me. I hated him seeing this part of me. I hated showing anyone the agony I felt over what I had lost. 

 Because that wasn't who I was; I wasn't some weak wolf, I was a strong. Or so people think I am and that is how things should be. Pulling myself out from underneath his arms and sit up. 

  Biting my lip, I wince slightly my body is sore. Damn he was rough when I let him do what I want. Sliding out of the bed I place my feet on the ground it was warm and soft to the touch. 

  My legs shake slightly and I grab the bed to keep my self upright. Licking my lips I try not to fall down. Walking slowly towards the closet I open the door.