XXII - Deluge

<Present Day>

Kinsley's POV 

  Jerking in pain I feel the straps that are holding my body down strain at my movements. I don't know when or how I really got into the restraints but I did gather that they were for my benefit. My leg was bandaged and so was my arm and head. Most of which I assumed injuries that were caused by none other than me.

  My body felt like someone had poured gallons of liquid nitrogen down my throat, I feel so cold that I am literally burning. My very being was being torn apart by something, I felt mad with blood lust and thirst. My wolf was clawing my mind to shreds wanting to kill and wanting to run wild.

  Her cries echo in my skull and drive me crazy. They are annoying and riddled with pain, and at the same time I felt something else invading part of my mind. This voice instead cried out in thirst, like a man in a desert screaming for something to quench that horrible dryness.

I scream my mouth gaping open as I am forced to writhe in pain. Tears pouring out of my eyes, thick hot liquid coated the back of my throat, and I gurgle on it. It kills the scream leaving my mouth, leaving my choking. 

  I struggle with the liquid, but soon it comes up. The liquid runs out of my mouth. And slowly in a stream runs down my chin towards my chest. My tongue darts out and I stiff at the taste of iron and know that its my bloody. 

  Great now I was coughing up blood, was there anything else that would happen in the near future. Like I don't know maybe a side of death. I think bitterly to myself as I fall backwards hitting a mound of soft pillows. 

I just gaze up at the ceiling, the soft glow of the florescent lights just about driving me mad. I thought about that night. Six hadn't been back since then, he really was giving me my space, and I was paying the price, on top of this sickness or whatever I've contracted. 

 My mind was suffering, my wolf was hollow, I was hollow and I need something to fill the gap, rejecting Giovanni...it had felt wonderful to say the words. But the after effect were a heavy price to pay. My wolf still is howling in more in agony, than from the sickness but also from the emptiness, granted she was just as upset with my ex-bound. 

  But we didn't have the problem on our hands any longer, we now have to worry about what going on with our body. Something foreign was there something dark and tempting lay in my mind and I was afraid to succumb to it. 

  Biting down on my lip I felt my teeth dig into my lips and I use this acute pain to focus on something. All of the sudden someone burst through the door and I turn my head to look at who it is, and to no avail it wasn't Six barging into the room but a very pissed and torn up Giovanni. 

  His skin is a pale color, he looks like he's been through the ringer. His eyes burn with conviction as he walks towards the bed that I am laying on and Selma is hot on his trail her mouth set in a hard line. She looks ready to kill him, although he was stomping all over her infirmary.

"Your awake!" He grab a chair to the far side of my bed that I am restrained on and he drags it forward, flipping it around and then straddling the chair his arm folded across the top. 

"Yes, she is awake but we still don't know her condition. I would very much.... no scratch that, I would be thrilled it you'd kindly get your ass out of here and let me tend to my Alpha!" Selma particularly snarls in Giovanni's face. 

  He turns his head and lets out a gut wrenching snarl that is more than a little crazy. Her eye shine with fear but she quickly conceals that and stomps off somewhere else. Her hands shake as she leaves her body leaves the room but stay close to the door.