IX - Flaws

Kinsley's POV

  My foot tapped impatiently on the floor as I tried to smile and look like I was enjoying sitting next to Giovanni. But it was like someone was shoving a burning cattle prob into my eye and twisting it around. 

  Six was giving me a weird look and I couldn't bring myself to make eye contact with him. Hayden was sitting next to him trying to keep his attention of me. And I was grateful for that, now all I needed was something to get rid of Giovanni. 

"You haven't touched your food at all," Giovanni whispered into my ear. And I held my body still, even though it was screaming at me to punch this bastard for getting that close to me. 

"I just don't feel hungry at the moment," I said back to him. 

  I placed a hand under my chin, and an elbow on the table. Why should I act like I wanted to be seated next to him. It wasn't like I loved him because he would be my next king. And I would serve under him. I don't think I really thought about that as I raised my rank and my packs rank. 

  Shifting I sit straighter and grab the orange juice and tip the cup back. Letting the crisp taste roll over my tastes buds. After the cups done I place it back down on the table. 

"Thirsty are you?" He asked me his eyes menacing as they sparkled with gold that started to invade the blue. 

"Your gonna do that right now?" I asked him bored with his threatening manners. It was enough to drive anyone crazy. 

"Tsk," he turned back towards the conversation he was invested in and I smiled at the Alpha who's named was Stefan if I remember right. He was the one that had let me borrow Hayden. 

  Looking from him I notice a girl with azure eyes that look exactly like Hayden. She was looking at me her eyes calculating and taking me in. Sitting taller in my chair I do the same thing. Her hair was a light almost silvery blonde. 

  She was dressed in a warm sweater that smelled like Stefan and I noticed the teeth marks that were boldly displayed on her neck. 

  Monition's her head I followed her line of sight. It lead to Hayden and Six, I wonder if she was Holli. 

"Good Morning Alpha Stefan," I said looking away from Hayden and directing my attention to both of them. 

"As to you Alpha Kinsley," he replied dipping his head. 

"No need to be so formal you can call me Kinsley," I said with a sligh nod of my head. 

"Kinsley it is then, I have yet to introuduce you to my bound," he said montioning towards the blonde girl that I was already making eye contact with," Holli, she is Hayden's older sister." He said his hand lacing with his bound. As he pressed sweet kisses to her nuckles. 

  It was a kind gestur and she smiled at him. The look on both of their faces full of happiness and I couldn't say that I didn't wish I had an ounce of there happiness right now. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you," she said her voic was friendly and she smiled at me like we were long time friends. I didn't sense any feeling that she wanted something from me. Her look was just geinuely kind. 

"Thank you, Hayden talked highly of you," I replied back. Brushing some of the long inky hair out of my face. 

  She smiled her face lighting up, I could see that he was being truthful she really did care about him. It was nice to see some genuine love.

"Your a kind person," she said with a thoughtful nod.

  And I was suspried most people thought of me as cold and out of touch almost like ice. Yet she had called me kind. I felt a genuine smile slide onto my face. This one wasn't pushes to fake but real.  

"As are you," I said with a dip of my head. 

"So how does it feel to be the first women to be accepted in the High Council?" She asked me. Her eyes again took on a calculating look. 

  And I felt Giovanni's hand on my thigh. He placed light pressure on it. And I kept the smile on my face. Though I cut him a sharp look and moved his hand off of my leg. 

"It's a great honor I hope that I can live up to the expectations that are expected of me," I stated calmly. 

"Oh come one there has to be something else other than that!" She said looking at me with curious eyes. 

  What was she trying to get at here?

"I don't know what your talking about," I said trying to change the pace of the conversation. 

"Oh come one," she said looking at me with eyes that demanded an answer. 

"I don't need a man telling me what to do," I said and I almost regretted saying those words. But she smiled at me with bright eyes. 

"Perfect," she said with a clap of her hands. 

  And I looked over at Giovanni he wasn't looking at me. Shaking my head I don't want to think about him. Or what he thought about my reasoning. I didn't need his approval for anything. 

  I was a strong confident Wolf. And I wasn't going to let him take that from me. I also wouldn't allow him to hurt six, I would die before that happens. 

"Holli your making her uncomfortable," Stefan said and I took a deep breathe. 

  Trying to calm the nerves that had just raced through the pit of my stomach. Breathing softly I flash her a smile. Before I push my chair up.

"If you"ll excuse me I have to use the powder room," I said and I didn't want around for a response. My feet carried me out of the room and to the bathroom as quick as possible. 

   Pushing the door open it hit the door stopper but I hear a slight crunch and sigh. Great now I was damaging the hotel. Walking quickly over to the sink I turn the facet on. And splash the cold water onto my face.

  It slides down my face and drops back into the sink. My hair covered my face and I took deep breathes. Why did I have to say something that would provoke him. Who knows what he'll do knowing that I said that. 

I'd stop him if it was to extreme and if it wasn't directed at me. But as much as it vexed me it was better for me not to get on his nerve. 

   Sighing, I raise my head and almost scream. Standing behind me is a Giovanni and the look on his face would have sent the devil running for his mom. Trying to calm my expression I open my mouth to talk. 

  But the sharp snarl made them seal right back up real nice and tight. 

_______

 A/N: Comment and Vote, thank you loves. Sorry for the late update also, I was being an over achiever and took hard classes .-.