1:5- Electricity & Thunder

2092 words

••••

Royals have ruled since ancient times. But of course the rules were different. For example, when a royal passed away the next eldest heir would replace them. But that method was flawed in various ways.

Nowadays the royal would choose which heir would take their place, provided the heirs age was younger unless that wasn't possible.

The royal before me, Adalbeorht, became ill. He was only in his fifties when he found out he was ill, and I had just been born. My current heirs, San and Alyss fought for his favor as to receive the throne. However Yunho refused to lead, he had always been content with his job as the manager of the Meosjin library. The choice was between me, San, and Alyss. Though I was only a newborn and he had no way of determining my future character, he still chose me over them.

Alyss was an avid deceiver and manipulator, and she thought she could use that to her advantage. But it did the opposite, Adalbeorht saw through her. She's greedy, and she'd do anything for the power. San was an unemotional child, he was deprived of attention and love. All because of his stern caretaker. The god complex common in royals were their downfall.

Alyss- age 35
Yunho- age 28
San- age 24

••••

I briskly walked through the hallway, my lips muttered nonsense as I chanted the directions in my head.

'Left- or was it right? No, it's down the hall, to the left, down the hall to the right, and then room 18.'

I continued to walk, a dress once again tightly wrapped around my hips. This dress was long like before, but there were two layers. The underside red silk and the front was laced, my shoulders and arms were wrapped up by a sheer fabric, like a bow on a present. There was a large slit from a few inches below my hip all the way down to my white heels. So that my right thigh and calf were bare. To complete the outfit a thin tiara lay on the top of my head, buried and hidden by wavy red hair. What a gaudy color, I had grown tired of my staple.

I faced his door, and my heart started pounding out of control. I placed my hands on my stomach, I tried to calm my nerves. I took a deep breath, then reached out and knocked.

A few seconds later, the doorknob jiggled and a head of black hair popped out. "Oh wow-" He held his hand over his mouth before fully stepping out of the door.

We studied each other for what felt like hours. I was entirely captivated by him, my mind was blank. Goodness how could someone be this way.