2:7- Clemency

2180 words

Double cheeked up on a Thursday afternoon.

I went to Yeosang, my assistant, before meeting my heirs

I went to Yeosang, my assistant, before meeting my heirs. Why? The answer is simple, I was just killing two birds with one stone. One, I wouldn't have to meet with them right away. Two, I wanted to talk to Yeosang before he got any more annoyed at me.

"Tribe 162's president requested a meeting, he would like to discuss the sudden increase of homeless and unemployment in some of their cities. What makes this even more odd is that he thinks it's linked to the protests." Yeosang's tone was arid, he looked up from his clipboard with cat-like eyes. The tip of his pen tapped against his desk incessantly and his legs were crossed right underneath. "Would you like me to decide for you again? Or are you going to do your job for once."

"Why are you so standoffish these days?" I replied calmly. My brows were furrowed.

"Excuse me, royal, but I've been doing your job for you. I've been working twice as much to keep up with-" His intense rhythm ran dry. He looked at me with a pensive stare. "Nevermind," He took a deep breath, "I'm just not feeling well today." Yeosang stood up, he brushed his black suit off. "I need you to look over these, then you can go on your way." He started walking out of his office, but I held onto the hem of his jacket.

"Where do you think you're going?" He turned around, and I let go. I stood up, standing a few inches taller than Yeosang. "I'll be forever indebted to you, I appreciate you more than I can ever express, do you want a break- a vacation? Now that I'm better I can do this myself. I just want you to be okay-"

Yeosang's eyes were glossy and solemn before they squeezed shut. He sighed, and his hands went to his temples. His head tilted as he pressed into the soft flesh. "You're fine. You're perfect, you don't need to change anything. I know that you're going through many emotional and mental changes. It must be hard, especially with your heirs here."

"What do you want then?"

"... Just look at the papers, it's not that complicated." Yeosang opened his eyes and cracked a small sardonic smile before he slipped out of the room. He confused me. Maybe he missed me? Or maybe he's jealous? I sighed while plopping down on a nearby love seat, I picked up the papers and read them over.

••••

"If any of them make you uncomfortable, don't hesitate to tell me. We can leave at anytime so don't feel pressured just because they're royals. " My words were tinged with a subtle form of aggression. In my heart I felt anxious and possessive. It was an aching weight that made my palms clammy and my chest shudder when I'd breathe.

Seonghwa chuckled, "Hopefully it won't come to that." His palms straightened out his blue coat, and his index finger ran along his choker, pulling at it.