1:4- Issues

2031 words

I briskly walked across the tiled floor, and the sound of my heels echoed faintly

I briskly walked across the tiled floor, and the sound of my heels echoed faintly. My green dress wrapped and caressed my skin as my hips swayed. My eyes were locked on the floor, and a dumb smile was plastered on my face. Seonghwa was branded into my brain and was melted in there forever. After spending time with him my mind finally collapsed under the pressure. I couldn't stop thinking, and it was invigorating.

"Y/n." I looked up, and my smile vanished. "You look.." Yeosang inspected me nonchalantly, his eyes wide. "Stunning."

My nose scrunched up and I scoffed. "Don't look at me like that," Yeosang sighed, he seemed to sigh, closing his eyes as he rubbed his neck. His shoulders slumped and his blonde hair covered his face, like wilted petals.

"Yes royal," Yeosang's eye's attention flickered up to me again as I walked past him, and his legs followed as well. "I have something to discuss with you."

"What is it?" I walked past the many empty rooms in the hallway, occasionally glancing at them. With wooden doors with clean golden room numbers on them, the capital seemed almost like a very fancy antique hotel.

"Your heirs are coming to visit." He spoke such offensive volatile words so calmly that it almost irritated me. This wasn't like me at all.

"What?" I stopped in my tracks and spun around, my eyes wide with shock. He seemed to be surprised at my reaction a little as well, but for the most part he didn't seem to care.

"They want to meet your partner, with your permission of course." Yeosang stood straight, a stack of papers in his hands.

"I haven't even completed the first stage yet, what made them think that this was anything close to an appropriate time to visit?" I clenched my fists. "Don't they resent me anyways? If anything they loathe me." My voice rose and he jumped a little.

"Y/n, calm down." Yeosang clutched the stack of documents in his arms, he glanced into my eyes gently. "You have what they want, the throne, they're going to be at least a tiny bit bitter towards you."

"But it's not my fault--"

"I know," Yeosang held out the papers, "Look at these, I have to go." He gazed at his watch. Suddenly I felt guilt wash over me, and I tensed. Yeosang would be the one doing most of my work while I was bearing the curse. I should've felt indebted to him and probably have been more respectful, but I always hated the way he looked at me. He would confuse me, he'd look me up and down and smile so slyly sometimes. Nobody's ever dared to act that way in front of me but him.

Yeosang walked away, and I stared at the back of his blonde head. He's always been quite odd to me but I appreciate him.

"Seonghwa, what's your family like?" I shifted in my seat to get comfortable, his name rolled off my tongue so sweetly. I rested my head in my hand, and my elbow on the back of my chair. I had to admit I would say his name just to see him perk up and react to my catching of his attention. The quirks of his eyebrows and lips, the softening of his eyes. I wanted to know what he was feeling.