3:24- Bond 🌑

2590 words

••Seonghwa's POV••

••Seonghwa's POV••

I walked along the red carpet, acclimated to the eyes of guards down every hallway. I knocked on Hongjoong's door, hoping he'd answer. There was none, just silent stares directed towards me. Where else could he be? I had already searched everywhere.

It was nerve-wracking, even though I'd lived in the mansion for months, I had barely explored it. The walkways were cramped, dark, and dimly lit. When you finally reached the end there would be big windows, a blinding reminder that it was indeed morning. If you kept walking, you'd always find random pockets of open space. Like the open library area I found, and a random gigantic stage.

Every now and then I'd see maids and children looking around.  I didn't know who they were, or why they were in the Capital Mansion. I figured since there was so much space, maybe she let people live there.

Yeosang's office is on one of the upper floors that was closed off from anyone who didn't work there.

"Is there anything you need?" His hair was brushed away from his face, his feline eyes on full display. His tone was grim.

I felt nervous for some reason, sick to my stomach. "Is Hongjoong here?"

"Yes, we were actually talking about Y/n's current condition. You can come in." He stepped to the side, permitting me to enter. Immediately I saw Hongjoong, seated on a leather loveseat near a desk.

"I'll be quick," I walked inside, questioning Hongjoong immediately, "has the stage ended yet?" I leaned over to him eagerly, his expression was blank. Hope was lost, I already knew his answer.

"No, quite frankly she's doing worse. She won't speak to anyone." Hongjoong's hands fidgeted with one another.

"Oh," I paused, the panic and anguish washed over me, "let me know if anything else happens, please." I briskly brushed past Yeosang and left.

It was all for nothing.

••2 months later••

"This is weird." I mumbled before sipping my tea. Jongho awkwardly tapped his fingers on his mug, avoiding eye contact. I had found Jongho to ask him for advice.

"I know, but it's been too long. Why don't you just take her purity?" Jongho stated as if it was obvious.

I held the hot mug in my hands, looking around the deck and breathing in the lukewarm morning air. Trees were scattered around, the grass perfectly green. The wildlife stopped at the wall, which surrounded the perimeter of the building. "I would, but she made me promise not to."