1:3- Delight

1836 words

I walked into the garden, and my long, green dress blended in perfectly with the emerald grass

I walked into the garden, and my long, green dress blended in perfectly with the emerald grass. I couldn't feel my heart beating, I felt like I was completely dead. Which was quite funny, since I was surrounded by life. By lush chrysanthemums and daises, vibrant violets and jasmine. I tried hard not to pity myself, and to practice humbleness. I never found it so hard to be sensible in my life, I just wanted to hide and curl up in self-pity. I shuddered at the thought, almost grimacing, I annoyed myself.

I walked towards the set-up of a round table and food, where I'll be having a panic attack in front of the person I'm meant to be with for the rest of my life. Maybe ignorance really was bliss, because maybe if I didn't know how painful and confusing it was to see his face I would've actually been excited.

It wasn't like I didn't want to meet him. Actually, I was looking forward to seeing his face up close and being able to hear what words will come out of his full, delicate lips.

I didn't want to embarrass myself. I didn't even know him and I was already a little obsessed. Just thinking about him made me feel more pain than any broken bone or severed muscle could ever give. But at the same time, the undertones of the relentless pain were exhilarating, maybe even a little fuzzy and soft feeling. Perhaps it's just my body longing to be close to him, and attacking me viciously for keeping myself away. That's probably the case.

I sat down on one of the chairs, my dress was soft against my skin. I rubbed my hands against my thighs and tried not to look nervous, which was a problem I'd never had before. I peered around, the sunlight stung my eyes. Then when I saw my favorite guard standing behind me, I grinned. "Jongho, hi."

He looked down at me, and the corners of his mouth hesitantly rose a little. "Hello royal."

"Won't you just call me Y/n already? You wouldn't disobey me, now would you?" I frowned a little, but I didn't bother trying to hide the mischievous glimmer in my eye. I turned around in my chair and rested my chin on my hand, which was supported by my elbow.

"No of course not, y/n." He played around and gave me a dirty look before smiling.

"Good," I sighed, my eyes never leaving his face. "I'm nervous." I decided to confide in him. I would never say anything like that to anyone. But I liked to mess with Jongho, and I felt comfortable around him.

He looked down at me, any trace of a smile had completely vanished. "Because of your partner?"

"Yes." I glanced at the grass below me, and then back up into his eyes. He was so stiff, he never moved. Jongho always just stood there, proud, strong, and emotionless. But this time, he moved a little towards me. He put his hand on the back of my chair to lean on. His expression was calm, yet passionate.

His light brown hair loosely swayed with the wind, and his silver armor clanked with his every move. "You've fought and led an army of thousands courageously, why let this one be the first?"